Add Ka-27 Anti-Ship Capabilities.

Shadow KT

In its current state, the Ka-27 can only have a "Transport" task set in the ME. It cannot carry any type of weapons and it does not have sensors, to detect ships (radar) or submarines (buoys).

It is in practice blind, being able to spot units, which are roughly right below it.

Screen_210528_221109.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

+1, though I'm not sure what anti-ship weapons the Ka-27PL can equip; it's more of a dedicated ASW aircraft, and ASW as a whole isn't something that really exists in DCS, beyond attacking submarines on the surface which blindly follow waypoints and don't react at all (not to mention the myriad of other things, mostly core issues - I could go on for days).

It can definitely carry the PLAB-250-120 depth bombs, 1 torpedo of various types (APR-2, APR-3, AT-1, VTT-1, UMGT-1), RGB-NM and RGB-NM-1 passive-only sonobuoys and ODAB maritime marker bombs (whatever they are, I guess they're a floating, water activated smoke bomb).

The thing is though there is significant functionality that is completely absent from DCS, that is required for every single one of these stores. Personally, it doesn't seem like it would be particularly fruitful without a major overhaul to the whole naval environment.

As for the sensors, RADAR is probably okay for detecting stuff on the surface (be they surface ships or surface submarines), but it should be able to detect submarine periscopes, snorkels and other masts, and I don't think there are considerations for that in DCS (would've thought they would need their own separate RCS defined, plus there's no control over what mast or antennae or whatever the submarine raises and when).

Plus we don't have a single BLUFOR submarine, though the Los Angeles Flt. II and Flt. III would be good fits for DCS - with 2 of each being based at Guam on the Marianas map.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ka-27PL has only depth charges, torpedoes and sonobouis.

• 1 AT-1M or UMGT-1 or APR-2 torpedo
• 8 PLAB-250-120 DC
• 2 KAB-250-100PL Zagon guided DC
• 1 RYu-2 Skat Nuclear DB
• 2 500 L tanks
• 36 RGB-NM-1 sonobouy
• 32 RGB-16 sonobouy (Ka-27M)
• 1 APR-3M Orel torpedo or 8 KAB-PL DC (Ka-27M)

On system, has radar, diping sonar and can carry sonobouys on internal bay, normaly work on pairs as one as hunter and other as killer.

Sensors: A-100 Pakhra sonobuoy processor, Osminog radar, Troynik data link, VGS-3 Ros-V dipping sonar or MAD

Edited by Silver_Dragon

For the time being, even the ability to have a radar and detect ships, would be a decent addition, as it could spot ships and you could rely that information to the cruisers, so they can launch anti-ship missile attacks.

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 2 years later...