Co-pilot/gunner is legally blind.

I'll fly directly over 4 or 5 infantry, who are all peppering the helicopter with machine gun fire and every once in a while, he'll pop a few rounds off at one of them.  Half the time, he just sits there doing nothing.

The door gunners are better, but not great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have definitely noticed the copilots threshold for deciding to shoot at a target has been reduced.

I was hovering a few feet from an enemy Sam site a couple days ago, and he wouldn't fire, but the door gunners would.  It was very strange.

He did however decide a bit later to try and hit something 1+ miles away in a treeline I couldn't even see. 

in dcs, enemy AI's are sipers, both infantry and vehicles. A gazelle chopper can shoot down a plane, or tries to enter a dogfight. They have metal balls

but in dcs again, your AI's are dumb and blind. (jester, copilots, door gunners) I guess it is because our AI's are nerfed due to potential MP complaints

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5