Engine RPM only goes to 88% when in land.config.

CoBlue

Latest OB.

Land.config (full-flaps, gear down) eng.RPM only reaches 88% with full throttle. Makes it hazardous to land.

Half-flaps full throttle, RPM goes to AB.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Not a bug or problem. The engine will spool to military power with full flaps. Your problem is that you tried to enter afterburner with the SPS system engaged and flaps in landing position, which opened the nozzle but inhibited the AB lightoff, as is realistic for this aircraft. The 88% RPM is because the combination of open nozzle and lack of AB is affecting the engine - be glad it only does that and doesn't cause a comp stall, flameout, or worse.

The afterburner cannot engage with SPS active (flaps extended beyond 30 degrees - takeoff setting is 25, landing is 44.5). This is a realistic limitation of the aircraft which has finally been modelled. If you find yourself ever needing AB on landing, then your landing technique needs serious work.

• Like 7

• ED Team

If you need AB with full flaps you need to turn SPS off (in fact you should technically only ever have the SPS switch on when landing). But if you keep it off it will be harder to land, since you will get less lift.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rossmum said:

If you find yourself ever needing AB on landing, then your landing technique needs serious work.

This is a realistic limitation of the aircraft which has finally been modelled. If you find yourself ever needing AB on landing, then your landing technique needs serious work.

I never said I "need" AB during landing, just that it isn't available, coz it has been since release.

Had the 21 since release & never knew about this limitation or read about it in any manual. Searched the LN manual & can't find anything about it. Can somebody point me to any info about this?

What the heck it took Leatherneck +6 years to implement this? unprofessional & laughable! :doh:

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

It's possible the documentation the devs had access to didn't mention that detail - the English translation of the POH does not, which is odd. It may be in a separate technical manual but I only have the POH, so not sure. If that's the case, that's probably why it took them 6+ years to implement it, because as far as I know Skyrider was the first one to notice and point it out.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rossmum said:

It's possible the documentation the devs had access to didn't mention that detail - the English translation of the POH does not, which is odd. It may be in a separate technical manual but I only have the POH, so not sure. If that's the case, that's probably why it took them 6+ years to implement it, because as far as I know Skyrider was the first one to notice and point it out.

Thanx, for the info.

Why Dolphin887 who flew the Bis didn't notice it, is very strange....

But if the AB is cut-off, why does the RPM go to max 88%? ,shouldn't it be 98%? (Go-arounds with 88% RPM seems dangerous? Yeah I know rise your flaps to TO but what if they are stuck?)

Edited by CoBlue

As noted in the other thread, don't use the telemetry bar - it seems for the 21 that it's calibrated wrong and reads full emergency AB as 100% and mil thrust as ~88%. If both rotors are indicating 98-100% on the RPM gauge, you're at mil power.