Setting up Thrustmaster HOTAS for F-18 Module difficulties (engineering degree anyone) ?

Hello all, i have just bought the F-18 module and i am struggling like none other with the thrustmaster hotas setup, i got T rudder, joy and the throttle, also IR tracker, The F-16 module i got works great and i've figured that out but damn that F-18 is insane for me, i cannot figure nor find any good TARGET profile anywhere or anid .DIFF files that can "automatically" set things up, seems like everything is getitng mixed up the rT ruddder sometimes affect the throttle and the throttle suddenly bounces up and down...anyone know a good input profile for the F-18 ?? prefferably one that is EASY to implement in DCS configuration and target, i am not good at this at all so i need to be spoonfed 😛 i've come tot he point that i regret spending money on the Thrustmaster HOTAS, you need an engineering degree to figure that out, and that sux because i love simming so much, bought as new rig a week ago also and broke my a## on it, i9 cpu, 64gb memory, MSI gaming motherboard but regrettably selecting a crappy RTX 3070 8Gb card wich are good enough if you wanna play roblox ffs not DCS...so maybe its no use regardless, but if someone outthere can help me atleast figure the F-18 controller setup and/or know of any good profiles available it would be much appreciated! sorry for my ranting btw, peace out! salutes form norway.

It's not as bad as it seems once you realize what is going on. I have all the same kit but the IR tracker (I use VR). 

What's going on is all your devices are automatically creating inputs for the same thing. So, the rudder is getting roll inputs and the stick throttle etc. You only want pitch and roll on the stick and rudder left and right on the rudder pedals etc. When you are in your DCS controls setup for the F18 sim (NOT gameplay) look at each column for each input device and clear any settings that don't belong and leave those that should be there. Some will be in the axis settings so check there too. Otherwise, once you are aware that this is happening it gets pretty quick and easy to get set up for whatever module you wish to use. As an fyi I also have the MFDs and they also had erroneous settings. 

You will be rocking in minutes now you know what to look for and do. Good luck and happy flying - F18 is a great module.

Edited by Oozler

Don't bother with TARGET for DCS ... you don't need it at all. The only thing I use it for is to turn off the throttle LEDs.

As Oozler says, set everything up in DCS control settings. Irritatingly, DCS seems to assign multiple devices to the same axis so your first port of call is to filter to axis settings and then make sure (for example) pitch is only assigned to the single axis of your stick. Once this is done, you can do the same for each switch. Make sure a switch press only has a binding in one column. Most TM switches have a default binding ... it's just that you often get a duplicate on the wrong controller.

Sounds a bit time consuming but 10 minutes should see you sorted and once it's done, it'll remain set that way

On this same line of problem - how do I assign the analog TDC stick to move the cursor on the MDI screens?  I have the 'depress' set but cannot get the stick to control the movement of the curse on the sensor of choice.  Same issue assigning the 'pinky wheel' on the throttle to the radar elevation.

thank you in advance

On this same line of problem - how do I assign the analog TDC stick to move the cursor on the MDI screens?  I have the 'depress' set but cannot get the stick to control the movement of the curse on the sensor of choice.  Same issue assigning the 'pinky wheel' on the throttle to the radar elevation.

thank you in advance
With the special settings options "realistic TDC slew" checked it means you must hold TDC depress while you slew.

Mobius708