HUD masking dead zone

oldcrusty

The HUD masking... again.:disgust:

On top of the the main issue that is easy to spot, there seems to be a slight dead zone around the HUD, where the radar will not acquire.

I selected HACQ for my HMD and flying in a slight offset toward the target I pointed the HMD aiming cross (the circle is not visible in the transition area around the HUD) at the target and nothin happened, so... it looks like in order for the HMD to take over I needed to offset my flightpath more.

Not a big deal.  I was just wondering if the real Hornet ignores the area around the HUD :wink:

• Like 1

The HUD masking... again.:disgust:

On top of the the main issue that is easy to spot, there seems to be a slight dead zone around the HUD, where the radar will not acquire.
I selected HACQ for my HMD and flying in a slight offset toward the target I pointed the HMD aiming cross (the circle is not visible in the transition area around the HUD) at the target and nothin happened, so... it looks like in order for the HMD to take over I needed to offset my flightpath more.
Not a big deal.  I was just wondering if the real Hornet ignores the area around the HUD :wink:

Well until the very end the radar wasn't slaved to HMD LOS at all...

You didn't look far enough away from the HUD is azimuth as you can see the HACQ boresight on the HUD, that's where the radar is looking.

Mobius708

4 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Well until the very end the radar wasn't slaved to HMD LOS at all...

You didn't look far enough away from the HUD is azimuth as you can see the HACQ boresight on the HUD, that's where the radar is looking.

Mobius708

The radar was in HACQ mode from the start of the vid and circle or no circle, the HACQ mode should have no restrictions. The entire implementation of HUD masking sucks... in my view. I'm sure many would agree.

• Like 1

The radar was in HACQ mode from the start of the vid and circle or no circle, the HACQ mode should have no restrictions. The entire implementation of HUD masking sucks... in my view. I'm sure many would agree.
IIRC, HACQ should indeed always remain slaved on the JHMCS, regardless if you're looking through the HUD or not (because with the current DCS implementation, you get a dead zone around the HUD).

I don't recall where I saw the info though.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro