Price Issues?

element1108

$60-$70...

Not much for a sim of this caliber if you ask me. Think about it this way, how much is it to go to the movies?

Canada: $12 per movie; movie = about 2 hours

$70 divided by $12 = 5.8

5.8 x 2 hours = 11 hours of fun.

I guarantee BS will occupy WAY more than 11 hours of "fun time". I'm sure 11 hours is what we'll need just to memorize the startup procedure and basic flight under full realism :).

Movies = Zombie

Simming = Thinking, problem solving, stratagizing etc etc etc. heheh

Sorry had some time to kill there! 2 years of waiting, $70 is a walk in the park :)

I beleive in supporting flight sim developers, so I don't have any problem buying the Russian version and then later buying the English version...especially if I could get an English manual. However, there was a question I read that I don't believe was answered...is it possible to buy the Russian version from the US? Is there some sort of trade agreement that forbids this purchase? I'm just curious....thanks for any info on this.....

Thrasher

Windows 11, GPU: RTX-4090, Ram: 32gb, CPU: 12700k, Headset: Varjo Aero

I'm not fussed $50 or $100 ill still buy it seriously its not worth worrying about $20 or $30 once and a while. :thumbup:

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

$60-$70...

Not much for a sim of this caliber if you ask me. Think about it this way, how much is it to go to the movies?

$70 divided by $12 = 5.8

I guarantee BS will occupy WAY more than 11 hours of "fun time". I'm sure 11 hours is what we'll need just to memorize the startup procedure and basic flight under full realism :).

Movies = Zombie

Sorry had some time to kill there! 2 years of waiting, $70 is a walk in the park :)

you just should not compare a movie to a sim. you know how it takes for a 120 minutes movie to be out for a show? if a movie is produced at a quality level like DCS, it could be a totally buck-sucking blackhole that any huge company in this planet just can fill its teeth gap!

you want a movie to be the best image quality at current level? than check the 2001's Final Fantasy CG movie and see how it costs the money and time to reach the image quality with bullshit-like actor performing and story.

you want a movie to be deep-thougt? then check the 1991's Terminator 2 and see how much film James Cameron takes to shot what he wants.

above all, movies, music, paintings, video games, or novals or something else, they are all creativity-needed creations. they should not be compared by length of using time or some ****ing price or money issues - if they are good, they are priceless, if they are bad, they worth nothing.

one of my friends in America can spend only $6 to watch 3 movies in his school every weekend, but if he wants to buy a video game he has to spend $40 or more. so what's your problem? you hate movies? i have checked that the LOMAC costs $19.9 in Amazon with which my friend could watch 10 movies in his school. he just don't like LOMAC or IL2 or Falcon4.0 or some other video games like this, he just like movies.

what am I? I love DOOM, Quake, Unreal Tournment, Half-Life, Tomb Raider, Need for Speed, Diablo II, Age of Empire... almost every famouse video games in history has occupycation in my heart, I loved them. They gave me great joy in my childhood. I'm also a movie addictor, i love many movies, many kinds of movies. Terminator, Indianna Jones, Die Hard, Evil Dead, The Return of Living Dead, The Lord of Rings and many many other movies also have room in my heart because they gave me joy! I love music too! I just spend $50 to have one of my friends got me 2 CD albums which I just can't get places to buy in my country.

you should be clear that you can't value a thing by length-time of use / price.

sorry if some of my words are too offensive.

and i'm really amazed that DCS:black shark is released so soon, my money bag has been 'ED':P

Edited by kiss4luna

RTX 3070

I don't think that price should be formed around average income and spanding rates in US/EU - there are more countries outside EU, there are more people outside US. Average income in my country is lower then that in Germany, yet all prices (especially for Internet) are higher.

Prices on games in my country are equal to cost of purchasing the game over Internet, icluding postage. 50-60 USD in big money here. If someone thinks otherwise, I will gladly accpet their offer to buy me a copy :D

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I'll print the manual at work for free, as we do here with all manuals :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I think it's you with the problem, because you completely misunderstood the entire point of that post.

Yeah, he did.

@kiss4luna

Here's the idea. Say I play an MMO. I pay $15 a month for it.

Mr. Somebody says "Hey RedTiger, you're wasting your money! Why would you PAY to play a video game?"

My response might be something like "Hey Mr. Somebody, what do YOU do for fun? How much do YOU pay for it?"

The point is that fun is more often or not, expensive. People are perfectly willing to plunk down $50-100 for a night at the movies (easy to accomplish if you have more than one person, drinks are like $5, snacks are like $7. I live in South Texas, which is supposedly an area in the US with a "low standard of living", in other words things cost less. I can only imagine how much this would be on one of the coasts!), but they'll ridicule your decision to pay that much for a game.

Moral of the story: you can pay for whatever you find fun, I can pay for whatever I find fun. ;)

$60-$70...

$70 divided by $12 = 5.8

Movies = Zombie

Curious. Where did you see this Price at?

I agree with you,kiss4luna

It's quite naive to compare fun of 2 things just simpliy by hours~~

It's for sure the price of BS should not be a problem and be affordable for most of us here.

I just hope the western version come out as soon as possible, or unless I can purchase a hard copy spiral bound manual to read, not PDF ones.

Edited by wowo1233

I don't think that price should be formed around average income and spanding rates in US/EU - there are more countries outside EU, there are more people outside US. Average income in my country is lower then that in Germany, yet all prices (especially for Internet) are higher.

Prices on games in my country are equal to cost of purchasing the game over Internet, icluding postage. 50-60 USD in big money here. If someone thinks otherwise, I will gladly accpet their offer to buy me a copy :D

right

RTX 3070

As for printing you could do what I do and buy cheap cartridges off of ebay. I got a ton of ink for a great price and when the manual comes out I'll just print it up on some heavy weight paper, which I also got for a great price :) but not from the bay ;). The ink I got is crap for gloss photo paper but it prints documents like a dream and is real cheap.. so check out ebay and see if you can find a good deal.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.