Cannot enter VACO from HACO

Topper81

17 minutes ago, OUO said:

HMD ON:HACO => WACO => VACO

HMD OFF:HACO => VACO

Err you cannot enter HACO with HMD off and HMD off while in HACO will deactivate HACO...

I guees HACO is also an ACM mode. And the documentation say:

grafik.png

Edited by Topper81

SCS Aft with JHMCS knob to on will enter UPLOOK mode. If you want to enter VACQ, you go SCS Left and then Aft.

Without JHMCS, you should be able to enter VACQ from any other ACM mode, with SCS Aft.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

What does uplook mode? It's implemented?
Yes. It allows the AIM-9X seeker to look up, without the pilot needing to do so. It looks up and left/right, approximately above the left/right edges of the center mirror, depending on whether you're looking left/right. I haven't managed to get much use out of it myself, but others might like it.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

UPLOOK has more utility in a real jet than in DCS. It's purpose is to allow over-the-shoulder aiming of the AIM-9X in a dogfight while allowing the pilot to keep their head in a position that the neck can better deal with G forces. In a game where you can swivel your head any direction without ever needing to worry about G-induced neck injury, there isn't much point. It may be more useful to VR users or people slewing with buttons, but with TrackIR I've not found a use for it.  

UPLOOK has more utility in a real jet than in DCS. It's purpose is to allow over-the-shoulder aiming of the AIM-9X in a dogfight while allowing the pilot to keep their head in a position that the neck can better deal with G forces. In a game where you can swivel your head any direction without ever needing to worry about G-induced neck injury, there isn't much point. It may be more useful to VR users or people slewing with buttons, but with TrackIR I've not found a use for it.  
TIR user here, same. Although I also couldn't really make it work, but I'm pretty sure that's on me. A friend of mine who's slewing with a joystick hat found it more useful and he's better at employing as well.

-