Prolonged F10 causes app hang upon changing views

100% reproducible for me, at least for replay tracks. Stay in F10 view for a long period of time, say 20 minutes, then try to switch to another view like F2. DCS will hang and not respond. No error message, no crash, no crash log. Just an app hang, and the process needs to be killed via task manager. 

The last line in the dcs.log when this happens is:

2021-05-29 08:18:03.255 INFO    DCS: video actions stream interrupted with 8 at 4912.394000

Attaching the log file.

dcs.log

This is was I've just done:

1. I connected to a 4YA Syria server, with more than 30 players,
  2. I spawned in a Harrier in Haifa,
  3. I hit F10 and stayed in here for 45 minutes,
  4. I moved the F10 view around from time to time, zoomed in and out,
  5. Then I hit F2: the view almost immediately switched on the Harrier external view, and froze for 5 seconds.
  6. Then I was able to move the view and resume playing.

There is no "DCS: video actions stream interrupted ... " in my log. I don't know where this comes from. Do you have a mod allowing you to take videos or something?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

There is no "DCS: video actions stream interrupted ... " in my log. I don't know where this comes from. Do you have a mod allowing you to take videos or something?

No mods for taking videos. Just Scratchpad for VR note-taking, A-4E and T-45C. I've had the freeze on both Channel and Syria, both on Liberation missions. I'm wondering if all the lua scripting has something to do with it. 

10 hours ago, Nealius said:

No mods for taking videos. Just Scratchpad for VR note-taking...

Just an FYI, Scratchpad was causing my game to hang on certain missions (ones where I had to choose which client to fly) exactly as you describe. It was happening back when the F-14A was introduced. I uninstalled it back then which it sorted out my problems, but I haven't tried installing it again since. Might be related.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2