Landing on roof of buildings set them on fire?

lwalter

I noticed that landing the Huey on top of buildings that I add to the map as static objects sets them to fire.

Initially I thought it was my helicopter, but no, it's the buildling.

Are these static building not intended for that? Or am I landing to hard on them? in the latter case, I'd expect the Huey to be damaged too.

Note landing on oil and gas rigs, ships or FARPS don't do that.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

I see the same thing on buildings that are part of the maps, even ones with dedicated helipads. My guess is that decorative buildings use a very simple HP damage system, and that anything which causes HP to drop even by a point or two generates a "damage indicator"... in this case, an emitter showing fire and smoke. So perhaps the amount of damage required to produce an emitter needs to be raised.

I can't say if very soft landings avoid this issue, because I'm rubbish so there's no such thing as a soft landing for me. 😜