Best way to move DCS and Modules/Maps to New Computer

Hello,

I'll be getting a new PC soon.  I currently use DCS openbeta 2.7 and have multiple modules and maps (Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf).  I have my DCS on a dedicated M.2 drive and would like to move the drive to my new PC when it arrives.  I am wondering how I can do so without causing the modules and maps to become invalid.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hello,

I'll be getting a new PC soon.  I currently use DCS openbeta 2.7 and have multiple modules and maps (Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf).  I have my DCS on a dedicated M.2 drive and would like to move the drive to my new PC when it arrives.  I am wondering how I can do so without causing the modules and maps to become invalid.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Are you using other drives for the OS?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes, my current PC uses an SSD for the OS, my new PC will be using an M.2 for the OS.  My DCS is on a separate dedicated M.2 just for it.
Then you can just move the M2 to the new main board, as long as there are two slots.

• Like 1

Great!!!  Thanks guys.

Should I move my saved games folder over to the M.2 drive before the switch as well?  Then move it back to C:\Users\my name after I install it in the new PC?
Just copy the DCS folders. And to make the input settings work later. You have to rename the doff files. Can be tedious, but at least you don't have to setup every controller for every module again.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:38 PM, Cutterone said:

I am wondering how I can do so without causing the modules and maps to become invalid.

I believe the 'good ole days' of module activation have now gone by the wayside - so once you log in you will be fine. No need to activate/de-activate etc.

Additionally DCS installs as 'standalone' - so as the above suggestions state just move your M2 drive across, and also your Saved Games - although I would open up the 'Saved Games' folder on old PC and copy your DCS folder to your M2 (good practice anyway to have a backup), then once back up and running copy/paste it back into your new Saved Game folder. Don't try to copy and paste the Saved Games folder (top level) in case it screws with any permissions.

One last thing - always copy and paste - DO NOT drag and drop - this can cause general file access issues

Edit - assuming you are a direct DCS user and not via Steam..?

Edited by Leg2ion
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.