F/A-18C Hornet Flight Manual (chapter_1) REV18012022

Cruizzzzer

Hey everyone!

Finally I updated the "kneeboard" to REV23062021.

As my time was a bit bound to the job (getting back into service) and changing to a new rig (installing all the stuff on the new pc) there was some delay in updating the kneeboard.

Sorry for the delay!

• Like 2

• Cruizzzzer changed the title to F/A-18C Hornet Flight Manual (chapter_1) REV23062021
  • Cruizzzzer changed the title to F/A-18C Hornet Flight Manual (chapter_1) REV01082021

Hey everyone!

Finally I made it and revised "chapter 1" to REV01082021.

I faced some difficulties, as I wanted to keep the "side-by-side" format for the pdf, while adding the new features of the beta (e.g. HMD alignment).

During HMD alignment I had to skip the BIT test, as it would have messed up the order of the following pages. Maybe in future I will add it...

Later in the manual I had to change many hyperlinks from german to english. Hope I found all wrong hyperlinks...

Kneeboard has also been updated...

Greets

cruizzzzer

PS: on the last page of the pdf manual you got the hyperlink "check for updates on the pdf manual / kneeboard" in order to get the latest version.

To get to the last page quickly just click on the "REV [date]", shown on each lower left page corner...

PPS: One thing worth noting:

During "HMD fine alignment" NATOPS states to press the "CAGE/UNCAGE button" for confirmation. In DCS this is done by "TDC depress"

Edited by Cruizzzzer

• 1 month later...

Hi mate, great utility, thank you! just noticed in the latest kneeboard version, the file names and pages number dont correspond? EG, page 50 is file name manual 049......would be easier if they did! 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 9/6/2021 at 5:59 PM, markturner1960 said:

Hi mate, great utility, thank you! just noticed in the latest kneeboard version, the file names and pages number dont correspond? EG, page 50 is file name manual 049......would be easier if they did! 

hmmm, need to check on that...

Thanks for the info!

Gonna get back on this issue...

• Cruizzzzer changed the title to F/A-18C Hornet Flight Manual (chapter_1) REV14092021

Hey everyone...

It has taken me a while to upload my newest version of chapter_1.
Though I've been updating it almost every day since the last release, I finally made it to upload chapter_1.

Unfortunately, I will be skipping chapter_2 due to reasons I cannot tell here... Sorry for announcing it, and "drawing" it back like this...

But, I just released chapter_3, with is meant to read in conjunction with chapter_1.

You can fetch it under:

F/A-18C Flight Manual QRH [chapter_3] REV14092021 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

chapter_3 is a QRH (Quick Reference Handbook), so not much text is to be expected. You should know the hornet and/or chapter_1 before getting into chapter_3.

Have fun with the chapters and as always... hope it helps and happy LDGs!

Greets

cruizzzzer

Edited by Cruizzzzer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Cruizzzzer changed the title to F/A-18C Hornet Flight Manual (chapter_1) REV18012022
20 minutes ago, Cruizzzzer said:

major update...

have fun...

Obrigado (thank you).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.