"CCIP INVALID" on Training Mission 8

Hi everyone!

I came across this issue in training mission 8 "GAU-8/A and Unguided Rockets", when I follow the instructions to change to Guns, the gun reticle doesn't show up on the HUD, instead "CCIP INVALID" is displayed all the time...

Screen_210529_230400.png

any fix for this? has it been reported already?

thanks

With the TVV on the horizon, I think the aircraft might not be able to generate a valid CCIP solution, and thus omits the CCIP gun cross.

But I don't know if that was always the case; it looks like it used to be displayed there in the past, judging by the text from the screenshot.

Anyway, if you could try that again (or pick any airstart mission for a quick test), deactivate the autopilot and point the nose to the ground, does the reticle show up then?

That doesn't really fix the problem with the training mission, but at least then you'll know what it looks like. 😉

Found best way to get around this is to push into a dive then activate 'live pause' - so the training mission continues to run and you can still select cockpit switches etc...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

That was it! I disabled the AP dive a little and the reticle came up again, it only activates if aircraft is pointed to the ground I guess, maybe because it's in Air-to-Ground mode, following mission instructor, I'll check if the opposite hapoens in Air-to-Air mode.

Problem solved (sort of...) 

Thank you all for the help.

Edited by lonewwolf

• 2 weeks later...

The aircraft system knows the elevation of the ground where it is. If  the nose is above the horizon, it knows that also and will not generate a reticle because it has no ground data to do so. As has been suggested, you need to point it at the ground in order for the system to "know" where to put the dot.