F-18 TDC and Maverick F

Bob Morton

Hi all,

I have a warthog HOTAS system. When targeting the Maverick F version my understanding is that you uncage the seeker and then slew the seeker using the TDC while holding down the TDC. I can’t do it. The TDC does not seem to respond. The TDC works fine when I use it for radar or other functions. Does anyone experience this?  Thanks. 

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

In options under your F-18 page, you untick the real TDC slew box. If you have the slew upgrade, you depress the button and then use the analog stick to move the designator around. Then again, Ive also been having issues slewing the seeker around wiith it slaved to ATFLIR.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Yeah, thats what I was talking about.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

In options under your F-18 page, you untick the real TDC slew box. If you have the slew upgrade, you depress the button and then use the analog stick to move the designator around. Then again, Ive also been having issues slewing the seeker around wiith it slaved to ATFLIR.
For that last point you can not slew the mav if you have a TGT designated. Must undesignate then uncage.

Mobius708