AIM-120 flies into space, easily reproducible 100% of the time.

MARLAN_

38K, Loft up 15 degrees, fire on jamming F-14, 100% of the time the missile goes into space, despite having a solid STT lock the entire time.

Track also includes bug with MEM where locking a bandit turns into MEM mode EVERY time and refuses to lock what should be an easy lock. Reproducible every time. (Designate L&S, SCS Right for AACQ, enter MEM mode, broken box appears in timbucktoo, will not lock)

Edit: Tested again without lofting the missile (ASE Centered) still does the same thing. (Would share track but DCS crashed at the end)

bugsgalore.trkTacview-20210530-020129-DCS-f14test.zip.acmi

Tacview-20210530-014822-DCS-f14test.zip.acmi

Edited by MARLAN_

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

To me this only happens if the little dot is not in the circle when i fire. Which makes sense because you're firing outside of launch parameters. Stop adding 'extra' loft and your missiles will probably do better. 
The steering dot is there to guarantee optimal kinetimatics at launch, it has nothing to do the with guidance of a missile equipped with an INU. Guidance might be not optimal, but the missile will not go stupid. This is probably related to the AMRAAM's interaction with ECM.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

To me this only happens if the little dot is not in the circle when i fire. Which makes sense because you're firing outside of launch parameters. Stop adding 'extra' loft and your missiles will probably do better. 

If you read my whole post, I tested without lofting and it has the same issue.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

6 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

No. You, in fact, are supposed to pitch up to loft AMRAAMs at longer ranges IRL. Its the DCS steering cue thats wrong.

• Like 3

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

1A100.png?format=1500w  

If the ASE aiming is done perfectly then the missile doesn't maneuver upon launch. Turning costs energy which is the purpose of the aiming before firing.

The missile is going to do what it has to no matter if it was inside or outside parameters on launch. It doesn't just give up regardless and being barely being outside parameters doesn't mean a miss it means less than normal endgame maneuver potential.

• Like 1

Hmm i see. Ok. 
For me though, it only happens if i do both of these two things:

- Fire from way outside 'max' launch distance (so way before the circle starts to widen) and also:
- Pitch nose up for 'extra loft'. 

If i do both these things at the same time there's a pretty big chance the missile will go stupid. 

The missile normally lofts on it's own, maybe by adding extra angle and also being outside of range something breaks in the guidance or something ? 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

Hmm i see. Ok. 
For me though, it only happens if i do both of these two things:

- Fire from way outside 'max' launch distance (so way before the circle starts to widen) and also:
- Pitch nose up for 'extra loft'. 

If i do both these things at the same time there's a pretty big chance the missile will go stupid. 

The missile normally lofts on it's own, maybe by adding extra angle and also being outside of range something breaks in the guidance or something ? 

If you're firing from too far away, keep in mind that the AMRAAM has a battery life of 80 seconds. It's possible it's running out during the loft maneuver and then the missile naturally goes ballistic.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If y'all would watch the .trk or tacview, the missile does not go ballistic, it goes INTO SPACE, directly up,.

qWydDmK.png

Edited by MARLAN_

1A100.png?format=1500w  

• 2 weeks later...

I get this too, whenever I launch an AMRAAM in MP, the first thing it does when it comes off the rail is to pitch up roughly 45 degrees, and only when it reaches 90,000 feet it starts to track the target. I have a lock, I'm within range, and not using any loft.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Old post.. I believe this is already fixed

1A100.png?format=1500w  

On 6/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, MARLAN_ said:

If y'all would watch the .trk or tacview, the missile does not go ballistic, it goes INTO SPACE, directly up,.

qWydDmK.png

How the hell can a missile climb with a G load of 0.6? Was this recorded in deep space?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉