Gallery

6S.Duke

On 10/29/2022 at 1:08 PM, gulredrel said:

I guess I experienced canopy fogging after a fast decent? Got better after switching on de-mist switch.

Anyway, reflections are quite string. Sun was low coming from the rear. Will get used to it.

Screen_221029_122926.jpg?raw=1

Terrible scratchy sound when rotating too far on takeoff and striking that tail skid, glad there is one.

The sun glare effects is from the DCS gfx engine though. The effect has been more pronounced in other modules, too.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

If your MB-339 steps on the wrong branch, it can go pin-wheeling on the ground.

Screen_221103_190512.jpg

I have never seen anything like this before on other planes (yet)

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

6 hours ago, Bigskill said:

What server is it?

Hi, it was this mission: It is nothing special and not permanently hosted by a public server.

Just "Overcast and Rain 3" in the late evening. The idea was to use different modes of the GPS to navigate to Damascus Airport and attack three Hercules that are waiting to be refueled. There is no scripting or anything though:

Airmacchi_Syria_1.miz

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Yes and in both aircraft. Had this happen before with other people as well.

Uh, okay. I always turn pitot anti ice on before takeoff. Never happened in SP to me. Experienced engine icing. Do you flipped it on only after icing warning or loss of ASI?

I engaged the Anti Ice after the Ice Warning came on on the Master Caution Panel. The ASI only froze after the Pitot Heat was engaged (and with some delay).

@Bananabrai and @Hiob can second this observation - happened to all three of us on different times, flying together. Always with ICE caution and after engaging the pitot heat switch. Readings in rear and frontal cockpit were the same (zero).

Edited by Bremspropeller

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

25 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

I engaged the Anti Ice after the Ice Warning came on on the Master Caution Panel. The ASI only froze after the Pitot Heat was engaged (and with some delay).

@Bananabrai and @Hiob can second this observation - happened to all three of us on different times, flying together. Always with ICE caution and after engaging the pitot heat switch. Readings in rear and frontal cockpit were the same (zero).

Roger!

46 minutes ago, gulredrel said:

On in both cockpits? I think, there are two, one for each cockpit and pitot sensor.

Screen_221113_132207_moon.jpg?raw=1

Beautiful shot!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

I turned the pitot heat on just after takeoff. Still the reading stuck to 0 at some point.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

11 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

I turned the pitot heat on just after takeoff. Still the reading stuck to 0 at some point.

Yes, that happened to me as well, but I just figured that the pitot heater must be powered by some triple-A batteries. 😅

Seriously, I don't know if a pitot heater is supposed to keep it from freezing under all conditions... 🤷‍♂️ perhaps it needs some tuning from IFE - or the weather does from ED.

12 hours ago, Hiob said:

Yes, that happened to me as well, but I just figured that the pitot heater must be powered by some triple-A batteries. 😅

Seriously, I don't know if a pitot heater is supposed to keep it from freezing under all conditions... 🤷‍♂️ perhaps it needs some tuning from IFE - or the weather does from ED.

Did a flight in Nevada, 2°C at ground level. Front seat pitot heat on all the time. No ASI freezing. In the backseat, pitot anti ice was off. switched to the rear, ASI was at zero, turned rear seat pitot anti-ice on. Some minutes later, ASI showed airspeed again. So don't know, maybe there is something different in MP as I fly only SP.

Some more moon pics. current date is perfect, moon sets late in the morning.

Screen_221114_210757_moon_dive.jpg?raw=1

Screen_221114_211952_moon.jpg?raw=1

I guess this is a no fly zone, but no one stopped me flying over Yucca Flat testing site in the sim 😉 

Screen_221114_204448_yucca_flats.jpg?raw

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gulredrel said:

Did a flight in Nevada, 2°C at ground level. Front seat pitot heat on all the time. No ASI freezing. In the backseat, pitot anti ice was off. switched to the rear, ASI was at zero, turned rear seat pitot anti-ice on. Some minutes later, ASI showed airspeed again. So don't know, maybe there is something different in MP as I fly only SP.

Some more moon pics. current date is perfect, moon sets late in the morning.

Screen_221114_210757_moon_dive.jpg?raw=1

Screen_221114_211952_moon.jpg?raw=1

I guess this is a no fly zone, but no one stopped me flying over Yucca Flat testing site in the sim 😉 

Screen_221114_204448_yucca_flats.jpg?raw

The moon seems so big. Are you still on the halloween patch?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hiob said:

Are you still on the halloween patch

No Halloween thing, just rctrl + num* on keypad maxed out. It's called "zoom external in". There's also "zoom external out" and "zoom external normal" to reset.

Edited by gulredrel
after looking in controls, changed description regarding zoom external controls
  • Like 2