Engines...?

rkk01

4 hours ago, razo+r said:

No we don't.

But I'm really hoping they will be. Going to need all the extra speed we can get I think!

I recall Bozon mentioning that there were more MkVI's made with Merlin 25's than with the different less powerful engine (can't remember which Merlin model it was now) that was fitted to the MkVI's so hopefully ED will give us the more common version with the Merlin 25's. 🙂

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The first few Mk.VI used Merlin Mk 21/23. 

Even these aircraft could have been replaced with Mk 25's. 

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

On 5/31/2021 at 11:55 PM, Krupi said:

The first few Mk.VI used Merlin Mk 21/23. 

Even these aircraft could have been replaced with Mk 25's. 

I don’t know exactly, but I believe that FB.VI was intended to use Merlin 25s from the start and it was simply an issue with their availability around May 1943, when FB.VIs started operations. I may be wrong though.

There was a pressure to deliver FB.VIs ASAP, so to avoid delays, the first few batches used the Merlin 23s, and then switched to 25s. Since this change was only a minor effort, some of those with Merlin 23s were likely converted to 25s on the field some time later - since this would be done at the unit level and not through an order from above / de Havilland, it is difficult to find a source for this.

By June 1944 and till the end, practically all operational FB.VIs were equipped with the 25s, so this is what we should get.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

9 hours ago, Bozon said:

I don’t know exactly, but I believe that FB.VI was intended to use Merlin 25s from the start and it was simply an issue with their availability around May 1943, when FB.VIs started operations. I may be wrong though.

There was a pressure to deliver FB.VIs ASAP, so to avoid delays, the first few batches used the Merlin 23s, and then switched to 25s. Since this change was only a minor effort, some of those with Merlin 23s were likely converted to 25s on the field some time later - since this would be done at the unit level and not through an order from above / de Havilland, it is difficult to find a source for this.

By June 1944 and till the end, practically all operational FB.VIs were equipped with the 25s, so this is what we should get.

Unfortunately this is DCS WWII, what we should get and what we do get is a "?" 😅

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit