HARM switching itself off during flight

deadpool

Track file is massive. Doesn't make sense to upload it as it's almost at the end of the mission.

Generally speaking: Suddenly the HARM turns itself off, got a WPN off page .. and the missile is on according to the SMS page.

Power cycled the SMS page and it worked again:

image (22).png

Makes no sense and is broken.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

Check if you by any chance have some key or hotas button bound to the stores switch, you might have turn it off. This never hapened to me and I fly in the Viper a lot.

I fly the Viper a lot as well, and I have nothing bound to the MFD buttons. The stores page was not even open when it happened. I had the HSD open on that side.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

• ED Team

please make a short track replay if possible showing this happen. I can not reproduce and seems to be working as intended for me. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It will switch of when you hit the DL button (instead of EOM or PB/PP).

I sadly don't have a trackfile still because I clicked "play" in the mission editor, but it's how it can be recreated directly.

Airstart with a harm .. and try to put it in DL mode and it'll shut down weirdly.

You said you had the HSD page open and it turned off, now you are saying it turns off when you press DL. DL is located on the WPN page in the mode menu. So you see you pressed something;P

Yep DL does turn it off, but I thought it was WIP still.

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

You said you had the HSD page open and it turned off, now you are saying it turns off when you press DL. DL is located on the WPN page in the mode menu. So you see you pressed something;P

Yep DL does turn it off, but I thought it was WIP still.

Who do you think you are and how are you helping this thread?

Let me tell you are about "contributions" to this thread:

On 5/31/2021 at 7:38 AM, Furiz said:

Check if you by any chance have some key or hotas button bound to the stores switch, you might have turn it off. This never hapened to me and I fly in the Viper a lot.

"Check if you by any chance have some key or hotas button bound to the stores switch, you might have turn it off."

- Now this is the actual only helpful input from you in your two posts. And even though someone who flies the F-16 "a lot" might know that it does not have a "stores switch" I get by what you mean by that.

"This never hapened to me and I fly in the Viper a lot."

- Category: Captain Obvious. For this statement not to be true bugs in DCS would have to happen often enough so that people "flying a lot" would all have encountered them. I suggest you imagine saying a statement like that in a nother low chance situation. A car accident, "This never happened to me and I drive car a lot" etc. It is a superfluous statement at best.

"You said you had the HSD page open and it turned off".

- Category: Parrot.

"now you are saying it turns off when you press DL."

"DL is located on the WPN page in the mode menu."

- Category: Capain Obvious.

"So you see you pressed something;P"

"Yep DL does turn it off, but I thought it was WIP still."

- I don't really care for your thoughts on this point. I am reporting a defect to ED here with something that is available and can be a big nuisance in a high pressure environment (switch modes during SEAD operations). 

As you can see you repeated a lot of the things I wrote and tried to gaslight me into thinking that it was my fault to get an unwanted outcome.

I am seriously not sure what you do here in these defect threads, Furiz. But I hope that you can find something else in life that gives you validation and self-esteem. I don't need you to reply to this as it's not productive to this - or any other defect - minus the very first sentence you wrote, which I have acknowledged and stated. Thank you.

Edited by deadpool

6 hours ago, deadpool said:

Who do you think you are and how are you helping this thread?

Let me tell you are about "contributions" to this thread:

"Check if you by any chance have some key or hotas button bound to the stores switch, you might have turn it off."

- Now this is the actual only helpful input from you in your two posts. And even though someone who flies the F-16 "a lot" might know that it does not have a "stores switch" I get by what you mean by that.

"This never hapened to me and I fly in the Viper a lot."

- Category: Captain Obvious. For this statement not to be true bugs in DCS would have to happen often enough so that people "flying a lot" would all have encountered them. I suggest you imagine saying a statement like that in a nother low chance situation. A car accident, "This never happened to me and I drive car a lot" etc. It is a superfluous statement at best.

"You said you had the HSD page open and it turned off".

"now you are saying it turns off when you press DL."

"DL is located on the WPN page in the mode menu."

"So you see you pressed something;P"

"Yep DL does turn it off, but I thought it was WIP still."

- I don't really care for your thoughts on this point. I am reporting a defect to ED here with something that is available and can be a big nuisance in a high pressure environment (switch modes during SEAD operations). 

As you can see you repeated a lot of the things I wrote and tried to gaslight me into thinking that it was my fault to get an unwanted outcome.

I am seriously not sure what you do here in these defect threads, Furiz. But I hope that you can find something else in life that gives you validation and self-esteem. I don't need you to reply to this as it's not productive to this - or any other defect - minus the very first sentence you wrote, which I have acknowledged and stated. Thank you.

I have a category for you too, but I wont go that low.

P.S. I tried to help but seems you attack people that do that so I'm out of here.

Screen_210601_155322.png

Edited by Furiz