F/A-18C Grid Coordinate Entry Issue

Scotflieger

When selecting HSI/Data/UFC/Grid entry the UFC GRID button does not always highlight (colon) and display the letter grid. When I mouse click on the GRID button it self cancels. I had the Precise coord input button selected.

Previously, I had inputted a LAT/LONG using POSN option. It is necessary to completely deselect HSI/DATA and start again for the GRID to be selectable.

Screen_210531_095532.png

Edited by Scotflieger

Original problem found in Multiplayer. Tried to reproduce in Ready on Ramp Instant Action without success. However, when I started in Cold and Dark Instant Action I was able to reproduce as described above.

After engine start and during INS align, HSI selected on right DDI. WPT11 selected and DATA/POSN entered (N444017 E400117). WPT12 selected and PRECISE input OBS pressed. Repeated pressing of GRID caused 'colon' to appear briefly and disappear. It was necessary to completely exit HSI and restart attempt. This time GRID 'colon' remained selected and Letter Gird Selection appeared on DDI.

GRID Entry 2.trk

• ED Team

Thanks I will ask the team, pretty sure you should wait for alignment to finish before trying to enter coordinates or use grid. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks I will ask the team, pretty sure you should wait for alignment to finish before trying to enter coordinates or use grid. 

Having worked on a number of real world military aircraft (Jaguar, Tornado GR1, Harrier GR5)  it would be strange if the mission data can not be entered while the pilot waits for the INS to align. 

Edited by Scotflieger

• ED Team

Having never worked on jets I need to check 🙂 as soon as I get a reply I will let you know. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I carried out 2 further tests to check whether INS alignment state was a factor. From Cold and Dark Instant Action I carried a full start and waited for the INS to report OK and selecting NAV. I then entered the GRID coordinates as reported above. It worked as expected on both occasions. Unfortunately, when I click Quit to save the TRK file, DCS crashed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scotflieger said:

I carried a full start and waited for the INS to report OK and selecting NAV

Off topic, but when INS aligment is done, switch to IFA, not NAV. Use NAV only on missions w/o GPS avaible.