All Aircraft Shelter/Bunkers open on Mission Start

Shadow KT

37 minutes ago, Shadow KT said:

This would prevent desync issues, where players spawn and the doors are not open and when you place "Takeoff from Ground" aircraft and the doors don't open for them.

While this might be a quick solution, I'm not sure if it's the best one. 

In real life (assuming we all want realism here), shelters are only opened if needed. Well, at least I know this is the case on all RNLAF bases, I assume it's the same in other countries.

Check out Incirlik airbase (Syria map). All those beautifully modeled HAS are always open. This means you have to either leave them empty, or place an aircraft in each one of them.. Both options imo look quite ridiculous.

I sure hope Ugra will update this down the line and have them closed by default.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Make a ground crew request option to open/close the HAS/PAS/hangar/whatever doors. Then when a plane spawns in you can open em up or close them manually in case of any automatic weirdness. While at it, put some lighting on the inside so you can start up at night...

• Like 2

In its current state... the hanger doors a more of a gimmick, which has the ability to hinder gameplay. They don't block wind or rain, or fog, etc.

For what it is now, might as well just keep make them all open and not have to worry about it. There aren't any actual, big cons about this. 

Sure, if in the future ED comes out with an aerodrome control system, which allows you open/close specific doors, go for it.... but for the time being, please, just let them sit open.... or remove the damage model for the door, so people can pass through them.

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days