Orion F-16 Throttle?

Furiz

Winwing do not post here anymore. Find them on Discord or facebook. To answer your question, no it hasn't been abandoned.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

@Furiz Per the Winwing rep on the HOTAS discord from earlier today in response to a question about the F-16 throttle status:

(paraphrased) The throttle is ready to go but they're still working on the stick. They want to release both together so no updates on the throttle until the stick is finalized. They're "close" but no firm ETA.

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

What a strange buisness policy from them, there is gazillion of people that just need the throttle, and yet they are not giving any buying option but to buy it with the stick, like the F-18 combo.

Btw that was the statement about 3 months ago.

Thnx.

Btw cant find their Discord, can you give me a link?

Edited by Furiz

Look for Hotas/Hosas/Simpit on Discord. WinWing have a sub channel

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...

If I saw it correctly in the WW shop there is the throttle without handles (Gemini throttle, $129,95) and the F/A-18 metal handles ($215,95) for a total of $345,90 + tax and shipment. Need to think about it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

16 hours ago, xoxen said:

If I saw it correctly in the WW shop there is the throttle without handles (Gemini throttle, $129,95) and the F/A-18 metal handles ($215,95) for a total of $345,90 + tax and shipment. Need to think about it.

The base is meant for helicopter grips (thus, no switches), but in any case the handles you mention are for the Super Taurus and won't fit the Orion/Gemini throttle.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

OK, my fault. So it is still not available seperately. Thanks for the clarification.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Orion wasn't available separately either. I've put the old TM Cougar stick on my Orion Stick. Will be interesting if they do the F16 Throttle and adapter plates with a Stick handle as a combo. The F16 should really get a rigid force stick though. 

Clevo P775TM1-G laptop with 9900K and RTX2080. Airliner pilot by day and keen simmer on days off.

Mark.

They work as buttons but not through the TARGET software. I think you have to manually bind them but to be honest I haven't used it for a while. Complicated but I'm concentrating on my airline setup for practice while stuck on Furlough. Day job comes first....

Clevo P775TM1-G laptop with 9900K and RTX2080. Airliner pilot by day and keen simmer on days off.

Mark.

On 6/25/2021 at 2:30 AM, Dudikoff said:

The base is meant for helicopter grips (thus, no switches), but in any case the handles you mention are for the Super Taurus and won't fit the Orion/Gemini throttle.

yes they will, the f18 grips are on my orion throttle

• 1 month later...