Selecting gun, then amrams somtimes ends up in 20° scanzone

Topper81

Sometimes, the radar zone is limited to 20° after switching from gun to amram.

Steps to reproduce:

- Press "Select Gun"

- Press "Select Amram" (when the radar line is not moving? Or when it's at the centerline?)

I cannot exactly determine when it happens. But when I try it somtimes it will happen somtimes but not always...

Expected: Radar horizontal scan zone is set to the value it had before (140° for the trackfile):

grafik.png

Observed: Radar horizontal scan zone is 20°

grafik.png

gun_amram.trk

Edited by Topper81

I'm not sure how this works in the real Hornet but it would make sense to exit ACM back to whatever setup and mode was active before entering ACM.

Currently, it follows the same behavior as switching between RWS and TWS.  Say your RWS was 'SET' to 4bar/80az.  Switching to TWS the bar setting is maintained and the az. narrows to 40.  Going back to RWS will not bring back the previously set parameters. It carries over TWS settings. 

Whatever SME's and the devs do with this is up to them. If they decide to keep it this way it would be nice to hear the confirmation of 'correct as is' and perhaps why this mech is followed... no essays, just a quick explanation.

For now, at least for me, the best way to return the radar to 'SET' condition is by cycling the weapons switch. So, If during the BVR fight I ended up in TWS (4b/40az, 10nm range) and want to go back quickly to RWS (4b/80az, 40nm range - preset with 'SET') I have to switch the radar to RWS before cycling the weapons. If I had Amraams selected initially and I wanted to cycle the radar to preset format for Amraams, I would push the switch to heaters then back to Amraams. Just pressing the Amraams won't do. 

In my view, that's not the proper mech in the real thing but...  it's a band-aid for now and I can do it quick. Forgot to mention: one of my 4-way switches on my WH is programmed for pushing some important OSB's on the right DDI (common for radar), TWS/RWS is one of them .  Gotta do what'ya gotta do. :wink:

Edited by Gripes323