DCS MiG-23 development update

OK, I really can't wait to see the Mig-23 BUT....

6 hours ago, OverStratos said:

In the final months of 2020 and the first of 2021 I had to stop development because of a happy event, the arrival and birth of my first child.

Congratulations!

• Like 3

please keep up (and when possible speed up ;-)) the work on this amazing project. it is hard to wait. this is the most desired bird from my point. thank you for sharing. congratulations to the birth of your child and all my best wishes for your family!!!!

Edited by flanker1
  • Like 3

Thanks for the Update! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

When you read that news. You can  notice He is basically alone doing the 3D job and so on the rest maybe someone give a hand. The rest of the team just work in Final Fantasy the module of his preference F-15E etc... I was expecting more for this update and it is almost the same what we saw before, so yes the module was stuck because the main person on charge for this particular module inside the team was with personal family business such is understandable. But them team team... say Razbam team on this Mig-23. Like is not a job for the team seem to me.

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey @OverStratos

thanks for providing an update and congrats to your kid. 

This module is easily the one I am looking by far the most forward - DCS lacks critical content and your module would fill a good bit of that. Really hope you can progress with this and that the team supports appropriately.

The 23 is really a game changer for me - keep the good work and if you don’t mind - pls drop us a line once in a while on what is going on. We really appreciate it and are very existed on this gorgeous plane! 

• Like 4

On 6/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, pepin1234 said:

When you read that news. You can  notice He is basically alone doing the 3D job and so on the rest maybe someone give a hand. The rest of the team just work in Final Fantasy the module of his preference F-15E etc... I was expecting more for this update and it is almost the same what we saw before, so yes the module was stuck because the main person on charge for this particular module inside the team was with personal family business such is understandable. But them team team... say Razbam team on this Mig-23. Like is not a job for the team seem to me.

I´m sorry you feel that way, but the pictures show a lot more stuff made than the last pics that were shown. Also, there´s no much the Razbam team can do until an artist finish the models for a module, since this is the job of a single person most of the time. I can assure you the team is as excited for the MiG-23 as it is for another modules.

All that is seen in the pics was made in a short time since I´m now focused 100% into finishing this aircraft. Expect more news soon.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, OverStratos said:

All that is seen in the pics was made in a short time since I´m now focused 100% into finishing this aircraft. Expect more news soon.

Really excited to hear what's coming down the pipeline! Thanks for y'all's efforts =)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

On 6/9/2021 at 6:12 AM, OverStratos said:

I´m sorry you feel that way, but the pictures show a lot more stuff made than the last pics that were shown. Also, there´s no much the Razbam team can do until an artist finish the models for a module, since this is the job of a single person most of the time. I can assure you the team is as excited for the MiG-23 as it is for another modules.

Not to question your workflow, but that's kinda at odds with what other 3rd parties (and modders) and ED claim to do, so I'm curious as to the why it has to be like that for you guys?

There's no reason why any of the fm and systems coding requires a fully finished model to start. A placeholder sure, but not a gold standard finished model. You guys doing that to pipeline the modules through the coding team because it's easier to manage, and to remove any back and forth between coders and artists? Genuinely curious and not picking fault fwiw.

20 hours ago, yngvef said:

How is one guy ever going to do this?

I would assume never? But on the other hand, the recent 3D modell shots in the DCS Roadmap just give me some little more hope.

forum.png

Am 19.6.2021 um 20:50 schrieb yngvef:

There is one guy working on this?

I saw in the weekend update that ED spent more than five man-years making the Hind (and 40 man-years making the F-18).

How is one guy ever going to do this?

Well given that the Mig is development since about 5 (?) years... 

Yes it takes longer if you do it alone and sequentially.