DCS MiG-23 development update

On 3/14/2022 at 2:39 AM, Dudikoff said:

So, you'd want to tell Razbam now how to do their job now based on some scraps of information?

What else is the internet for if not to pretend we're experts on everything?

• Like 4

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Sending lots of positive energy and positive vibes to the Mig-23 developers.

MFT

I heard it's just one guy.

I still find it weird that it takes soooooooooooo long to make a plane. But what the hell do I know? 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 3 weeks later...

Software development is very complicated. I'm not in the game industry (I do automation) but things are always far more complicated than they seem at first glance. Either way, this is my most anticipated module now. Hopefully it's still moving along and not dead. I really like these 70's and 80's aircraft. Pretty easy to learn to operate but have most of the features of the modern stuff. But those features are also still sufficiently crude and unreliable that it doesn't make things too easy.

• Like 5

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

12 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

Virtual pilots are really, really eager to take delivery of the Mig-23. And they are willing to pay for it.

Based on the last response, it sounds like one developer is working on it. The developer is updating the Mig-23 when they have time. 

MFT

That's what I heard. One person.

Apparently our good friend @Badger1-1 knows more. Eagerly awaiting his input as to the true number. ⏰ tick tock...

Dude some people sleep at night 😄

I wasnt saying there is more then one person working on the module, was I?

Your lack of understanding how long a module will take to develop especially if its really just one person, is the thing I was pointing out.

Edited by Badger1-1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

Dude some people sleep at night 😄

Less sleep, more flying.

5 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

I wasnt saying there is more then one person working on the module, was I?

Your lack of understanding how long a module will take to develop especially if its really just one person, is the thing I was pointing out.

You were being snarky so I returned the favour. I guess we can call it even. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 6:12 AM, IcedVenom said:

We need more REFOR modules, simple 'as. Yak-38 would be nice to act as a Soviet counterpart to Harrier (It's old enough as well). MiG-23 is just as needed against new F-4 Phantom and F-14A.

Yak 38 would be lol. Seriously its basically an L39 that can VTOL. Though I would absolutely login to hoggit as a spectator on release day just to see the hijinks for the autoeject feature while hovering.

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chp said:

So with EAP of MirageF1 is ready for the fight..
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/mig-23-vs-mirage-f-1-when-cuban-flown-angolan-floggers-clashed-with-south-african-mirages/

Btw, were there any rumours on MiG-27!? AG capabilities would make it so fun. 

Haven't heard anything on a MiG-27 so will put that in the doubt pile for now. That would be nice though.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

4 hours ago, chp said:

So with EAP of MirageF1 is ready for the fight..
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/mig-23-vs-mirage-f-1-when-cuban-flown-angolan-floggers-clashed-with-south-african-mirages/

Btw, were there any rumours on MiG-27!? AG capabilities would make it so fun. 

No mig27 is coming. Only operators were the USSR and India. So documents are a problem.

However mig23bn might be doable, lots of operators to include Cuba I think... 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

13 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

No mig27 is coming. Only operators were the USSR and India. So documents are a problem.

However mig23bn might be doable, lots of operators to include Cuba I think... 

And the former GDR more than 30 years ago ... so all the necessary informations should be available.

Pretty sad though, because MiG-27K would be a cool complement to Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 studios seem to be fighting over, whereas a 23BN would be "same thing but worse" 😕

I am very partial to a 27K, and I know this sounds like "muh capabiliteeez", but they'd really complement each other nicely with the 17M4, one would be with Kaira optronic system thus a sort of "pseudo-tgp" and could find targets/self lase laser guided stuff through it, while the other would have the crazy payload, and more varied SEAD capability etc.

Regardless though, I'm very happy/hopeful for an eventual 22M4 or 17M4, a good full fidelity red attacker should be fun, and would go well with the mounting number of 70s-80s Cold War birds.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 7/22/2022 at 12:32 PM, WinterH said:

Pretty sad though, because MiG-27K would be a cool complement to Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 studios seem to be fighting over, whereas a 23BN would be "same thing but worse" 😕

I am very partial to a 27K, and I know this sounds like "muh capabiliteeez", but they'd really complement each other nicely with the 17M4, one would be with Kaira optronic system thus a sort of "pseudo-tgp" and could find targets/self lase laser guided stuff through it, while the other would have the crazy payload, and more varied SEAD capability etc.

Regardless though, I'm very happy/hopeful for an eventual 22M4 or 17M4, a good full fidelity red attacker should be fun, and would go well with the mounting number of 70s-80s Cold War birds.

Yes I am surprised that the aircraft you mentioned have not been made into HF MOD's for DCS they are some of the most famous or widely used like the 27 was recently retired by the Indian Air Force and saw a lot of combat, so I really am surprised about that oh well it is what it is.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:25 AM, MiGCap1 said:

And the former GDR more than 30 years ago ... so all the necessary informations should be available.

Really? 27 not the 23Bn?

17 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Really? 27 not the 23Bn?

23BN. You wrote it was doable due to the number of operators. And I think You are right, as all information about ex-GDR aircraft should be available without problems.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, WinterH said:

Plus it carries "the gun" (TM). That thing alone would hype me for a 27.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!