Moved saved games folder mods don't show in game

1 hour ago, DamnedRen said:

I started looking at the a/c folders and noticed in the a4E cockpit folder there are some folders that are still zipped. I have no idea why they're zipped and I tried to unzip them but have no idea where they even belong there.

Hi, 

Sorry that things don't work for you. On the cockpits folder there are zipped texture files, those are normal, like these:

wTPwL1S.jpg

I suggest no meddling within the Mod's files, as you are more likely to introduce further problems and difficult the diagnosis  🙂

2 hours ago, DamnedRen said:

As I had previously mentioned the other A29-B mode works perfectly but no joy for the the other 3 - A4E-C, C-130 Here and the GosHawk.

Should I send another Log file?

On my DCS I try to not test several User Mods at once, it is easier to install each of them alone and test them fully, before adding another. 

Yes, please, attach your latest log to confirm that the prior errors were solved by your antivirus configuration and see what other clues we can gather.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

44 minutes ago, DamnedRen said:

Here's yesterday's. I think I'm gonna toss the other mods and start again.

There is still this error on the logs:

ERROR   EDCORE: Failed to load C:/Users/ren17/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/aircraft/A-4E-C/bin/A-4E-C.dll: (126) The specified module could not be found.

If you inspect the /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/aircraft/A-4E-C/bin/ folder, is the A-4E-C.dll there?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, the .dll is there.

Here's what I did this evening. I tossed all 3 mods out. Trashed! A friend of mine helped me try a few things. I gave him the DL locations to go get all three mods, the A4, T45, AND C130.

He dl'd them and stuck them into his mods folder. He ran them and got right into cockpit in instant action. I followed his lead and dl'd the exact same mods and stuck them into my mods folder. The only other thing in the aircraft mods folder is the A29. I tried opening them in instant action. Again no way to get into the cockpit, just floating above as a spectator. I followed the exact same way he dl'd and installed. We then went into the security settings and completely turned off windows security. still nothing. 

After downloading and trying to get back in I copied those logs and here they are;

I made this log file immediately after trying those things. I also looked before I shut down to confirm the /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/aircraft/A-4E-C/bin/ folder, is the A-4E-C.dll had the file.

Something is going on and for the life of me I can't figure out if it has something to do with windows or DCS. Is maybe something messed up in dis. I also did DCS updater and did actually update open beta. I wonder if DCS has a fix DCS program out there that can look at what's installed and fix it. 

Any more ideas and thanks yet again for your help. I wonder if anyone else is having this type of issue with DCS? Ren

Logs.zip

Opps, just to confirm I checked everything, since the A29 worked in DCS I went ahead and pulled it out of the folder and tried the other three mods in DCS thinking perhaps it might be causing some sort of issue. Nope. I still could not get into the cockpit. Ren 

• Like 1

Eduardo! I just fixed the problem. I had pulled the a smaller HD and replaced it and the operating system on a new HD. When I reinstalled windows 10 it never picked up Visual C++ so I went and downloaded it and everything with all three mods is working fine. I ran across it this evening thru something plusnine had written about it and he stuck the webpage to download it in. this is the page 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

and the required Visual C++ is 

I downloaded it, restarted my comp and it worked in DCS!!!

I thought I'd let you know since you tried to help me and I really appreciate it! Ren

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamnedRen said:

Eduardo! I just fixed the problem.

Glad you sorted this out, as the log had no indication that your windows could be missing the VisualC redistributable. 👍

thanks for letting me know.

Eduardo

• Like 1

Thank you for helping me to work thru this.

I did note one thing in the A4E-C mod and that's if you run the roll rate up to 720 deg/sec you black out. That never happened in the real thing although when you first do it you might 

find it difficult to roll back upright :). I think it's because yer eyeballs haven't recaged themselves from the rolling.  You get used to it after a while. Blacking out from roll is very cheesy and should be fixed. 

Ren

49 minutes ago, DamnedRen said:

Blacking out from roll is very cheesy and should be fixed. 

Reach out to the developers, and tell them how it really was .. maybe they can fix it. Their Discord is https://discord.gg/HNU7KwGN

🙂

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 7:01 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Reach out to the developers, and tell them how it really was .. maybe they can fix it. Their Discord is https://discord.gg/HNU7KwGN

🙂

Eduardo, I'll probably try but I had the original version and I don't remember it ever blacking out like it's doing in this version. I guess they want it that way. Gawd knows why. 😄

35 minutes ago, DamnedRen said:

..  I had the original version and I don't remember it ever blacking out like it's doing in this version. I guess they want it that way.

The 1.4 version of the Skyhawk uses DCS' Simple Flight Model, that has a lot of limitations .. the 2.0 version is much better on this regard as it uses a more advanced Flight Model. You should really reach out to them, as the developers haven't really flown the real aircraft and thus use written pilot accounts and performance charts to model the aircraft.

A US Navy pilot has written:

"The A-4 Skyhawk had a roll rate of an incredible 720 degrees per second. However pilots were prohibited of exceeding 360 degrees per second according to the A-4 NATOPS Training Manual because of potential aircraft structural damage.

While a complete roll (or two) within one second is a violent maneuver, there is absolutely no problem with “blacking out” because the G-forces are not all that great, and it only lasts for a brief second."

So, I tend to agree with you that a simulated blackout is not really correct.

• Like 1