save game

rogonaut

function for campaign, its so incredibly annoying to start up taxi and fly to ao over and over again. at least an auto save function for mission builders. if your short on time this is an absolute campaign killer.

i really wonder why this isnt implemented by now.

hopefully ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

INVERTED did this with Rising Squall and it was great.  I think they did it with brute force meaning they had multiple copies of the same mission depending on which checkpoint you were at, AND ... it only saved during the overall mission.  Meaning you couldn't quit and then come back to a mission save point, you had to start the mission fresh.  BUT it was a nice touch for sure.

Love for ED to figure out a way to make this a ME feature somehow.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

For multiplayer too!!!

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

26 minutes ago, MARLAN_ said:

For multiplayer too!!!

I have never found a Multiplayer game that had a Save Game feature .. how do you save the remaining players? how would you restore them later?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Plenty of games have multiplayer saves, although with that said, for DCS's implementation I only meant to save the game state of non-clients, such that you could create a persistent campaign with a .miz and continue the campaign through server resets/etc.

I know there are scripts that can do this, but in-engine solution is preferable.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

3 minutes ago, MARLAN_ said:

...  I only meant to save the game state of non-clients ...

Oh, sorry, I didn't understood that you only meant that.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yea, no problem, my fault for not clarifying.

1A100.png?format=1500w