Orion F18 HOTAS PTT question?

Oban

So I have bit the bullet and ordered one of the new Orion F18 Desktop HOTAS, and looking for some advice/vis information.

I use VAICOM to talk to the AI (Works 95% of the time) are the comms1/comms 2 the actual PTT buttons ?

What's the function of the MIDS buttons?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

So I have bit the bullet and ordered one of the new Orion F18 Desktop HOTAS, and looking for some advice/vis information.

I use VAICOM to talk to the AI (Works 95% of the time) are the comms1/comms 2 the actual PTT buttons ?

Re-configure VAICOM to use your new throttle. It's not automatic.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Re-configure VAICOM to use your new throttle. It's not automatic.
Cheers! emoji6.png

Yeah, I figured that I would need to do that sir, what I was asking was are the comms1 and comms 2 buttons the PTT's used on the real air frame?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Yeah, I figured that I would need to do that sir, what I was asking was are the comms1 and comms 2 buttons the PTT's used on the real air frame?
Are you asking which buttons on the HOTAS that are the equivalent of the real aircraft?
Here's what I do on every module, I open up the manual and map the button that are closest to the real thing, in VAICOM.
So for the Viper and Jeff I will map the correct buttons on my Cougar, and for the A-10C, I have mapped the correct buttons on my Warthog.
So, open the manual and you will find the correct buttons, if that is your question!
I also do another neat little trick, since I use different hardware for different modules. I have one VAICOM profile, that will switch the TX buttons for different hardware, depending on the module I fly in DCS.
Cheers!

On 6/1/2021 at 5:13 AM, Oban said:

If you fly online with friends and also use SRS, MIDS is another radio option. This will allow you to monitor two UHF/VHF frequencies on Com1/2 and still have two other radios to talk with human wingman. 

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP