Will you buy the russian version of Black Shark?

Kenan

Will you buy the russian version of Black Shark?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the russian version of Black Shark?

• Yes I will. I will need to learn russian. Is there a language course somewhere?
    • No I won't. I can't speak proper english, let alone russian
    • It's a conspiracy to turn us into ruskies. First learn the language, then the Ka-50..
    • I don't care. I'm a fighter pilot. Choppers are for ugly dudes who can't get a girlfriend.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...so buy the community some copies of black shark!

could you buy me the russian and after the english version? :)

my sweet fellow :)

I believe he wants to support ED... not you two :music_whistling:

• Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

Exactlly.

One can decide to support ED big by buying 50 copies and at the same time make 50 new really good friends at the same time. :megalol:

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

WICKED

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

I'll buy the Russian, If they will put the english manual on the DVD. Having everything in Russian on the cockpit is more realistic anyway.

What might put me off in that regard is this is mission briefings, campaigns, tools ( FMB? ) ect ect will all be in Russian. The cockpit part will be the easy bit ( English manuals and Vids ). Everything else will be the challenge.

Bear

Russian version of software: MAYBE!

Russian manual: NO, NO, NO!

I think you guys are underestimating the complexity of this. You may encounter difficulty and you WILL certainly have to practice things several times before moving on to the next lesson...that that's in your native language. Now imagine doing that in Russian, which probably doesn't even share the same alphabet as your language!

Let me put it another way; has anyone ever played any of the Falcon sims? Imagine trying to learn those with a Russian manual, Russian game menus, Russian narration/captions, Russian cockpit, and Russian speech from AI comms. If you can manage that, then you are exceptionally gifted and should be fine with the Russian version of BS.

I will get the russian version if I'm able to :).

I'll put my trust in the few people in RvE that are/were

part of the BETA team, maybe pay them to translate

for me ^^

• Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

What might put me off in that regard is this is mission briefings, campaigns, tools ( FMB? ) ect ect will all be in Russian. The cockpit part will be the easy bit ( English manuals and Vids ). Everything else will be the challenge.

Bear

you bet... that's a good point. The single player missions are rich in detail...

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

Russian version of software: MAYBE!

Russian manual: NO, NO, NO!

I think you guys are underestimating the complexity of this. You may encounter difficulty and you WILL certainly have to practice things several times before moving on to the next lesson...that that's in your native language. Now imagine doing that in Russian, which probably doesn't even share the same alphabet as your language!

Let me put it another way; has anyone ever played any of the Falcon sims? Imagine trying to learn those with a Russian manual, Russian game menus, Russian narration/captions, Russian cockpit, and Russian speech from AI comms. If you can manage that, then you are exceptionally gifted and should be fine with the Russian version of BS.

Exactly my idea, RT.

I can imagine flying a Flanker1 plane by trial and error for the key combinations. But how many keys does it need to start the engines? One? Two? Or as RT mentioned: Try starting Falcon4 from Rampstart without a manual. Or try to hit anything without reading the how-to's!

I must confess I'm tempted to buy the Russian version, too, but considering the complexity of this sim, I'd rather welcome a release of the manual in a not too far future, to be able to study this monster before actually testing what I learned in the cockpit with maximum realism from day 1.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once i get it started... then it's going to be along the lines of........... "if it shoot's at me i kill it !!" The game, as in ...........SOUND and GRAPHICS, is going to be outstanding...... don't forget about the level of detail now guys.............

Once i get it started... then it's going to be along the lines of........... "if it shoot's at me i kill it !!"

Actually, if it shoots at you you die. You'll be flying a helicopter, not a fighter. You can't exactly fly out of a WEZ you've flown into in a reasonable (read: survivable) amount of time. So practice precaution ... because when you're spotted first, you get shot at first, and when you're shot at first, you tend to go down first too ;)

This isn't going to be like LOMAC where you can do a magic missile evasion and counter-attack.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually, if it shoots at you you die. You'll be flying a helicopter, not a fighter. You can't exactly fly out of a WEZ you've flown into in a reasonable (read: survivable) amount of time. So practice precaution ... because when you're spotted first, you get shot at first, and when you're shot at first, you tend to go down first too ;)

This isn't going to be like LOMAC where you can do a magic missile evasion and counter-attack.

It's hard to be spotted first, when your at 10p..........I can't wait to dispense some justice...

It's hard to be spotted first, when your at 10p..........I can't wait to dispense some justice...

I'm going to laugh when Pvt. Joe Blow kills your shiny new Ka-50 with his infantry weapon.

To be perfectly honest, I'm going to have trouble keeping in the snickering at anyone coming here to vent at how difficult fighting and surviving in the Ka-50 is going to be. What little I know about how to employ helicopters in combat comes from war games that are simulating helos with thermal sights and better weapons than the Vikhr. Using Vikhr is going to be like using SARH missiles against 10s of enemy planes but with no option to F-pole. I'm not totally sure how one is supposed to tackle that problem. Team work, numbers, planning, and good use of terrain I suppose.

Exactly my idea, RT.

I can imagine flying a Flanker1 plane by trial and error for the key combinations. But how many keys does it need to start the engines? One? Two? Or as RT mentioned: Try starting Falcon4 from Rampstart without a manual. Or try to hit anything without reading the how-to's!

I must confess I'm tempted to buy the Russian version, too, but considering the complexity of this sim, I'd rather welcome a release of the manual in a not too far future, to be able to study this monster before actually testing what I learned in the cockpit with maximum realism from day 1.

LOL! In Flanker you couldn't even -start- the engines...or turn them off for that matter. They were always on!!! :lol:

Look at the advise from a beta tester. You are not going to jump into this KA-50 and fly. It is going to take a long time just to learn to fly this thing let alone take it into conflict. The beta tester said he has been using BS for 3 years and just getting used to flying it. You are going to need a lot of patience and reading and remembering where everything is located in the cockpit to fly this baby. When you have it mastered you will have accomplished something and feel proud. This is a true test of learning and how to fly a complex helicopter. This is truely a simulator and when mastered, it could be very deadly used in the right way. Congrats to BS for putting such time and effort into actual realism in a sim. Wishing ED all the best in a true simulator.