What`s that noise, gear door closed?

skywalker22

• skywalker22 changed the title to What`s that noise, gear door closed?
Timing of the noise coincides with the gear door closed.
Possible bug... even C.W. Lemoine was asking about that noise, who was a RL pilot of F/A-18C:
at 2:07sec

Why would it be a bug? The fact that it's audible? It sounds to be like "hear like in helmet" is unchecked. I'm sure IRL if you didn't have a helmet on you would hear something...

Mobius708

• ED Team

There have been many complaints before that people do not hear when the landing gear is retracted. And that they need it so much. I agree that in real life this sound should be softer and felt more by the body than by the ears. Something similar was done in F16 with new cockpit sounds. Not yet in the current version, please wait for updates.
If the reaction of people will not be negative for the soft and quiet sound of f16 retracted gear, then I will do the same for f18 too 🙂 Thanks

• Like 2

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

I have that option checked, but I can still hear it. I was also always wondering where that sound comes from. It really hears strange. Doors close with ease and in slow motion, so such a noise cannot come from there IRL.
It's not necessarily the doors closing but rather the gear hitting their stops inside.

If you want loud sounds go to the MIG-21 lol. First take off the gear retraction scared me because I thought the "BANG, BANG, BANG" was a compressor stall...

Mobius708