UV Map / Model workflow questions

Question 1:

Are the UV maps used for aircraft consistent (meaning mostly identical) between variants of a given airframe?

Example:  Do the A-10A and A-10C share the same overall UV map structure for he wings and body, thus allowing a camouflage type livery to be used as the base for both models?

Question 2:

Are there any built in programs which allow for the direct painting onto an aircraft model?   I realize Eagle Dynamics has intellectual property that they need to protect, so importing .edm files into various 3D programs is not necessarily possible, but I keep finding official programs that come with DCS that I didn't know existed (like the model viewer for example), so I figured I'd ask if maybe they included something like that as well.

While I fully understand the Photoshop gods who walk among us don't have a problem with creating perfectly seamless textures, I've grown quite fond of being able to load an aircraft or vehicle model into Blender in order to not only paint onto it, but also to apply procedural textures, all of which results in a texture that, when applied, is almost perfectly seamless.

Does something like that exist, or if not is it something that Eagle Dynamics has on a roadmap for future features?

Do most players even care about seamless texture maps?

2 hours ago, NeuralBlankes said:

Does something like that exist, or if not is it something that Eagle Dynamics has on a roadmap for future features?

Do most players even care about seamless texture maps?

-Nope. I highly doubt ED would ever release any models that are paintable in the future either.

-Having skinned for this community for little over a year now, I'm going to say no. There are horrible skins out there, with gaps and misaligned textures, yet they still get praised. When you make a corrected version usually the answer is "oh someone already made that one look." Most players are not as detail oriented as skin artists so I wouldn't fret too much over a slightly misaligned texture set.

3 hours ago, NeuralBlankes said:

Question 1:

Depends on the plane. Some are reused models, some are not.

• Like 1

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...