Any working DC-3 for version 2.7?

I tried a couple of them but they only show a "brick" in the version 2.7 OB.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The Mod by  @Stonehouse & @Markindel  still seems to work .. tough I have not tested the cargo dropping and parachuters:

IPNyIpg.jpg

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302331/

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It works. Thanks. But I check the action section and cannot find a way to drop the cargo.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Use WW2 bombing like a B17 etc. The length of the bomb run controls the frequency the cargo/troop ejects from the aircraft. Shorter = faster drop rate and vice versa. It is a bit fiddly but you can get it to look very close to the real thing with a bit of mucking around

• Thanks 2

Stonehouse, Morpheus,

Before the merge of the 3 mods I was getting a green block for the civilian DC3.  Paratroops and Cargo both worked fine.  After the install of the OvGME file all 3 are working.  Thanks for that.

One thing that I noticed is the DC3 Paratroops seems to be indestructable.  I was recreating a St Mere Eglise drop and the C47 flew through the flak with no damage.  I then set up a test with a Fw-190 attacking and it unloaded all cannon and the C47 kept flying with no damage.   Not sure if it is my end (2.7 OB) or not.  Everything else seems to be fine.  Carpet Bombing with paratroops works fine.

seabat

• Like 1

The paratroops are defined as a weapon that is chute deployed. So - at least with the definition used at the time - I doubt they are destructable or have a damage model. 

<edit> The C47s were destructable when released but no idea how they are these days

Edited by Stonehouse
  • Like 1

My bad.  When I said DC3 Paratroops I meant that specific version of the mod versus cargo and civilian.

I did try all 3 versions last night and the Fw190 pilot still did not have any luck.  No worries,  I figured they may have been affected by DCS updates.

The mods are still great static adds and definitely add to the experience when they are flying around dropping troops and cargo across the Channel or in Normandy.

Thanks for putting these out.

seabat

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, seabat said:

Stonehouse, Morpheus,

Before the merge of the 3 mods I was getting a green block for the civilian DC3.  Paratroops and Cargo both worked fine.  After the install of the OvGME file all 3 are working.  T......

Sorry was just thinking about that. Civvy DC3 was the first one done. The other two were later adaptions and have a different EDM (3d shape) so possibly that explains the green block. IE old EDM not supported anymore. So I suspect that the merged mod set is essentially allowing the civvy dc3 to use the edm from one of the others variants. Not really sure however as Markindel is the 3d modeller not me. If you could see the old civ DC3 in action and compare it to the new you may find the new one works a bit differently as it likely had different animations.

Stonehouse,

I posted a video in the screenshot and video thread of your mod.  Called Night Drop.

I did find out that the damage model is still present.  It just takes alot of damage to bring down the aircraft.  I saw the lifespan in the lua was set at 60 where other modules are in the 15 to 30 range.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it as I am still learning about codes.

seabat

They should be harder to kill than a single engine fighter but that was set back before all the damage model changes. Pretty much was just a guess based on repeated empirical testing. It may no longer be a good choice of value. 

Found the video, very nice 👍

Edited by Stonehouse
  • Like 1