Lower wheel friction so that hornet can also air brake

Dr. Anti-Vehicle

NATOPS specifically states that aerobraking in the Hornet is not recommended. When landing at an airfield the proper technique is to get the nose wheel on the ground right away, then slow with speedbrake, full aft stick deflection, and wheel brakes as needed. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 8:06 PM, Swiftwin9s said:

Firstly, shouldnt really be doing that in hornet. You risk hitting the stabs on the deck. Secondly, this is an issue with reverse ground effect under full flaps, not a wheel friction thing. You wont see it happening under half flap

Yeah I get the part where flaring in Hornet is not recommended. But is the ground effect issue a bug that is recognized by ED?

10 hours ago, Dr. Anti-Vehicle said:

Yeah I get the part where flaring in Hornet is not recommended. But is the ground effect issue a bug that is recognized by ED?

I believe so, its the most problematic part of the reverse ground effect bug that ED have acknowledged a while ago. I'm assuming itll be fixed in the upcoming FM corrections.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

On 6/6/2021 at 7:31 AM, Swiftwin9s said:

I believe so, its the most problematic part of the reverse ground effect bug that ED have acknowledged a while ago. I'm assuming itll be fixed in the upcoming FM corrections.

Yesterday I accidentally used half flap during landing and yes, I feel the real ground effect. It feels so right. This bug annoys me more than anything else so I really hope they can fix it soon.

Btw what is "FM" corrections?

Yesterday I accidentally used half flap during landing and yes, I feel the real ground effect. It feels so right. This bug annoys me more than anything else so I really hope they can fix it soon.

Btw what is "FM" corrections?
FM stands for Flight Model
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro