Blackhog refunded me for shipping

So after shipping my package via DHL Parcel when I paid for DHL Express and it taking over a month for my product to arrive,  Blackhog has went ahead and refunded me for the entire 59 Euro cost of shipping I paid for DHL Express.    I would've been content with the 23 Euro difference between DHL Express and their standard parcel service, but appreciate them making it right.   I got a little firm with them.. as I felt i'd been ripped off and they didn't seem to acknowledge that and matters like this have a time limit.   But they've more than made it right in the end and I appreciate that and I hope DHL made it right for them if they overpaid for shipping.  Maybe the company will learn from this experience, as they said the DHL Express option was new to them.   

That being said - The Blackhog B-explorer is a cool device.  It's very well crafted, very well made.    

This thing was an answer to my desire for more axes and then some.  I especially love it for propeller powered aircraft where I might have to adjust mixture and radiators and/or cowl flaps, but I will find a use for this thing in just about every aircraft I fly, thanks to the 16 buttons.    The toggle switches are all momentary.  They feel quality, but don't take much effort to hold up or down at all.     The buttons are plastic, but have a nice smooth feel when you push them.  The mount has a little bit of flex but nothing detrimental. 

For the longest time I thought about getting a saitek or CH products throttle quadrant for extra axes to bind controls to, but the b-explorer offered a much better solution, with 16 buttons to boot.    Being positioned so close to my throttle, the buttons and axes are pretty easy to find with a VR HMD on my head as well. 

Anyway, here's a pic of the B-explorer 1 A model attached to my T-50cm3 throttle, mounted to my obutto pit using Obutto's warthog throttle mount.  Virpil's warthog mount adapter made things a little easier here.  

PXL_20210527_190445615.jpg

Edited by Headwarp
  • Like 1
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• Headwarp changed the title to Blackhog refunded me for shipping

Rather than edit the OP again, I wanted to provide another update.     Blackhog sent me a long email, both apologizing for the lag in their communication and for misunderstanding that I had paid for expedited shipping and wasn't receiving it.    I'm not going to lie, I got a little belligerent with them about it.  And while it did take a week for a response at times,  they maintained their patience through the entire ordeal.  I wish I had been nicer, frankly.  They killed me with kindness.  

Not only did they refund the entire cost of shipping, they followed up to let me know exactly where things went wrong, where the miscommunication happened, and that it led to finding an error with their order process in regards to shipping.  

To top it off,  I'm going to quote this much of their email 

"- Today we also had a meeting in order to evaluate the Express shipping system including:

• Investigation to confirm if other customers have been possible affected by the same mistake and offer them a compensation.
  • Modification in the notification system and webshop in order to fix the issue."

First off.. smooth usage of bullet points.  Second, kudos to Blackhog.    So yeah.. they refunded me, and this issue also led to them investigating previous customers order numbers and compensating anybody who paid for express shipping and didn't get it.  

I don't know if there are any other customers than me that this happened to, but for a small company like Blackhog, I found this to be one of the most impressive statements I've ever heard from a business.    They want to be sure they didn't unintentionally do the same thing to anyone else and seem willing to do the work to determine that of their own volition.  

So, where I've said anything negative about Blackhog,  I take that all back.   They seem like good folks that went a bit above and beyond to correct an error, and the b-explorer is pretty cool for what it is if you have a side mounted throttle or some other means to mount it like Monster Tech mounts.  Or, like me you have the Warthog plate for the obutto R3v

Edited by Headwarp
  • Like 3
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.