DCS: G-91R

6S.Duke

Please guys include the pilot with HUB-55 helmet, is a must to match other modern jets 

E84D93BE-1880-475E-AAA3-4B7C483265F4.jpeg

A2627D6A-DE4F-459C-A318-BBB982889804.jpeg

• Like 1

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

On 6/27/2021 at 2:06 PM, 6S.Duke said:

Hi,
We made the HGU-55 helment for MB-339...
For G91 we modeled a HGU-2A dual visor.
Screenshot of WIP models.

Screen_210627_143944.thumb.png.0072b135d004e5d70b839bb2b29ed299.png
Screen_210627_144446.thumb.png.3e5d6e003c2a039aca45f7ff1968ff23.png

Hi @6S.Duke, would it be possible to do something similar to the P-51? The P-51 uses a visibility argument controlled in the description.lua of each livery to allow the user to show either a modern or WWII helmet? If you have both modeled and textured already, it would be a nice feature to have and should be quite simple to implement 🙂

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Hi @6S.Duke, would it be possible to do something similar to the P-51? The P-51 uses a visibility argument controlled in the description.lua of each livery to allow the user to show either a modern or WWII helmet? If you have both modeled and textured already, it would be a nice feature to have and should be quite simple to implement
Hi @VH-Rock
Are you asking to have HGU-55 on G91?

4 hours ago, 6S.Duke said:

Hi @VH-Rock
Are you asking to have HGU-55 on G91?

Yes please! For those of use that fly classic aircraft in the modern environment, it's nice to have the option of a modern pilot in the cockpit 🙂 I really wish ED would allow modern pilots in the other warbirds like they do in the P-51.

Yes please! For those of use that fly classic aircraft in the modern environment, it's nice to have the option of a modern pilot in the cockpit I really wish ED would allow modern pilots in the other warbirds like they do in the P-51.
We will discuss with the team this possibility :)
  • Like 2

Just now, 6S.Duke said:
13 minutes ago, VH-Rock said:

Yes please! For those of use that fly classic aircraft in the modern environment, it's nice to have the option of a modern pilot in the cockpit emoji846.png I really wish ED would allow modern pilots in the other warbirds like they do in the P-51.

We will discuss with the team this possibility 🙂

Great news - Thank you very much 🙂

My interests span both DCS and plastic scale modeling, but I'm struggling to find much English-language detail either on the internet or in current print.

How did the Gina evolve over it's service life?  From context on some of the modelling sites, it sounds like there was a "flat" canopy and a bulged canopy?  (Specifically, I'm talking Romeos, not Yankees or the raised back seats on the Tango.)  Maybe changes in the ejection seat over their life.  Changes to the aerials.  Does anyone have any insight into what those changes were and when they were implemented?  How uniform were the three main users' fleets?

And of course, what is being modelled here for DCS?

• Like 1

I'm no expert and could be wrong, but as far as I know, there weren't truly major changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the ejection seat was improved though, seeing as e.g. that of the F-104 was. I haven't heard anything about the canopy, and all look like they are bulging a bit to me. Could be something in the first pre-production run. Other than the obvious guns and number of hardpoints, I would expect the fleets to be fairly similar.

The main ones I'm aware of:
1) Early and pre production jets did not carry the cameras in the nose, nor the two bulges under the nose (which were to collect spent gun cartridges iirc). A fair amount of these jets ended up in the PAN (although they also flew jets with cameras fitted).

2) The navigation system was changed quite quickly, from some dodgy radar-beacon system a-la WW2 to a Doppler navigation suite a-la Viggen (minus TERNAV of course), except much simpler, and the fleet also received general airframe strengthening. These were called R1A and R1B respectively. The same navigation suite was also in the German and Portuguese jets.

3) The AS-20 missile was tested by the German and Italian air forces but not procured. The Portuguese were the only ones who attempted to fully integrate the AIM-9B, which I heard was not successful. I have no idea what that means considering it was very easy to complete that same integration in e.g. the Sabre, so who knows.

For DCS, IFE have said they are going to PAN, R1B, and R3. I read that as meaning the PAN will be unarmed (and possibly lacking the cameras as well), the R1B will have 50cals and two hardpoints, and the R3 will have DEFAs and four hardpoints.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, VH-Rock said:

Yes please! For those of use that fly classic aircraft in the modern environment, it's nice to have the option of a modern pilot in the cockpit 🙂 I really wish ED would allow modern pilots in the other warbirds like they do in the P-51.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The fact that a modern pilot sits in my Mustang has been bugging me since Day One... It feels really out of place when flying on WWII servers and you see every other pilot wearing era-appropriate attire.

1 hour ago, Charly_Owl said:

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The fact that a modern pilot sits in my Mustang has been bugging me since Day One... It feels really out of place when flying on WWII servers and you see every other pilot wearing era-appropriate attire.

That's why I'm asking for the option 🙂  The Mustang has a line in the description.lua that allows either a modern or WWII style helmet - there's absolutely no reason the same principle couldn't be applied to the uniform/body, too. It's a nice option to have 🙂  And I really wish all the warbirds gave us the ability to have the modern pilot in the cockpit... Either way, I'll enjoy flying the G-91 🙂

55 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

So will I! 🙂 I miss the days when the Vampire and Meteor were possibilities in DCS... one of my favorite eras in aviation. The G.91 brings me a bit closer.

I mean why can't we have them?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Charly_Owl said:

The G.91 brings me a bit closer.

Technically, the F-86 brings you even closer. The G-91 entered service in the early 60s, and to some extent it actually replaced the F-86. But yeah, some early straight wing jet like the Vampire (or even a naval one?) would be awesome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

Because the developer who worked on them no longer exists.

Ah I see, well someone else can pick them up at some point... DCS 1950's/1960's needs to be a thing. Along with a Suez map.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

17 hours ago, Tengu said:

My interests span both DCS and plastic scale modeling, but I'm struggling to find much English-language detail either on the internet or in current print.

How did the Gina evolve over it's service life?  From context on some of the modelling sites, it sounds like there was a "flat" canopy and a bulged canopy?  (Specifically, I'm talking Romeos, not Yankees or the raised back seats on the Tango.)  Maybe changes in the ejection seat over their life.  Changes to the aerials.  Does anyone have any insight into what those changes were and when they were implemented?  How uniform were the three main users' fleets?

And of course, what is being modelled here for DCS?

The canopy has been changed on the G-91R, because the ejectionseat has been updated to a 0/0 standard.

21 ore fa, TLTeo ha scritto:

I'm no expert and could be wrong, but as far as I know, there weren't truly major changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the ejection seat was improved though, seeing as e.g. that of the F-104 was. I haven't heard anything about the canopy, and all look like they are bulging a bit to me. Could be something in the first pre-production run. Other than the obvious guns and number of hardpoints, I would expect the fleets to be fairly similar.

The main ones I'm aware of:
1) Early and pre production jets did not carry the cameras in the nose, nor the two bulges under the nose (which were to collect spent gun cartridges iirc). A fair amount of these jets ended up in the PAN (although they also flew jets with cameras fitted).

2) The navigation system was changed quite quickly, from some dodgy radar-beacon system a-la WW2 to a Doppler navigation suite a-la Viggen (minus TERNAV of course), except much simpler, and the fleet also received general airframe strengthening. These were called R1A and R1B respectively. The same navigation suite was also in the German and Portuguese jets.

3) The AS-20 missile was tested by the German and Italian air forces but not procured. The Portuguese were the only ones who attempted to fully integrate the AIM-9B, which I heard was not successful. I have no idea what that means considering it was very easy to complete that same integration in e.g. the Sabre, so who knows.

For DCS, IFE have said they are going to PAN, R1B, and R3. I read that as meaning the PAN will be unarmed (and possibly lacking the cameras as well), the R1B will have 50cals and two hardpoints, and the R3 will have DEFAs and four hardpoints.

Does it mean it has no TACAN? It will be hard to fly without F10 i guess

4 minutes ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

GOOD. No F10 map for you. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

The 1964 G-91 R3 equivalent to the NATOPS doesn't mention anything about TACAN, only about an ADF together with the Doppler system. The PHI (position and homing indicator) does have a TACAN mode, but on those jets it's inoperative. Same goes for the 1970 manual of the -Y, which received a bunch of other improvements to its nav/attack system, so all in all I think it's unlikely TACAN was ever fitted.

Having said that, the nav system can store up to 5 waypoints (12 in the Y) and guide you to them without relying on any external station or signal, just like in the Viggen can (except taking fixes is a lot more work than using a ground mapping radar, for obvious reasons - you have to manually adjust the bearing and range to a known waypoint, e.g. your starting airbase, when overflying known landmarks), so navigating without the F-10 map will be pretty straight forward during your average strike mission. In fact it will be much easier than e.g. in the F-5 or Mig-21, which makes sense given that the Gina and Yankee were dedicated daytime strike aircraft.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Thanks 1