Clouds issue with SSAA 1.5 in new patch

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

1 hour ago, fred_123 said:

got det same problem here.. Rolled back to beta 2.7.0.5659, this version is OK. Before rollback, i uninstalled the entire dcs from steam! did not help.. 

It's already confirmed it's an issue with the new patch/update just change your SSAA setting to OFF or x2.

Do NOT use SSAA x1.5 it's the option that's causing the issue.

Edited by RosyPlays

Similar phenomena appear if multiple screens are not configured at exactly the same WxH and aspect ratio. The primary screen is then affected whereas secondary screen(s) are OK.

I hope there's some clue in both problems as to how to solve this. No SSAA variety was set.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/267898-visual-artifacts-on-a-2-screen-setup-workaround/?tab=comments#comment-4637154 

Edited by Wrcknbckr

29 minutes ago, Wrcknbckr said:

Similar phenomena appear if multiple screens are not configured at exactly the same WxH and aspect ratio. The primary screen is then affected whereas secondary screen(s) are OK.

I hope there's some clue in both problems as to how to solve this. No SSAA variety was set.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/267898-visual-artifacts-on-a-2-screen-setup-workaround/?tab=comments#comment-4637154 

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

hotfix just announced should resolve this

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

In my case SSAA was OFF. I had a hope that because of the same visual anomalies there might be the same root cause. Would be nice if they could have a look at multiple screens too.

It is not something I can look at as I only have 1 monitor

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if the effect showed inside the circle of the attached image are the same or depend by the same bug discussed in the previous message, but  the last update I note this particular effect on the far scenario never seen before.

All video setting, both for DCS and Nvidia control panel still remain as previous the last update.

The Nvidia driver are the last 466.77 relaesed June 10th for my MSI RTX2070Super.

As read in this threat I clean the "fxo" and "metashader2" folders and I lunch the repair, but the artefact still remain.

In game the fps are between 80 in the cockpit and 180 in the external view

Please someone can help me how to fix it?

Thank you very much for the help in advance

Clouds_error.jpg

DCS 2.7 Best setting May2021.jpg

Edited by FRECCIA01

I don't know if the effect showed inside the circle of the attached image are the same or depend by the same bug discussed in the previous message, but  the last update I note this particular effect on the far scenario never seen before.
All video setting, both for DCS and Nvidia control panel still remain as previous the last update.
The Nvidia driver are the last 466.77 relaesed June 10th for my MSI RTX2070Super.

As read in this threat I clean the "fxo" and "metashader2" folders and I lunch the repair, but the artefact still remain.

In game the fps are between 80 in the cockpit and 180 in the external view

Please someone can help me how to fix it?
Thank you very much for the help in advance

Clouds_error.thumb.jpg.2057236fd152c428b82512d28378aa1c.jpg
2056330697_DCS2.7BestsettingMay2021.thumb.jpg.a403dbbc2f8bc2cfa3ecc52107166a42.jpg
What issue are you trying to describe - the picture looks good to me

At some distance, these anomalies can be seen in the clouds.

This is exacerbated by the reduction in cloud quality.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Il 19/6/2021 at 09:21, hornblower793 ha scritto:

What issue are you trying to describe - the picture looks good to me

Maybe in this screenshot is better visible.

During the flight and expecially when looking in the front view could be very annoying and cause a distortion of the asset because this artefact seems to be moving fast.

At first I thought it was a new effect of the canopy textures to better simulate the multilayer plexiglass for its armored performance.

I'll try to do a video to better describe it. Let me work on it

Screen_210618_232946.png

Edited by FRECCIA01