Forever loading

Bearskin

I have encountered a new problem, ever since 2.7 when I start DCS world I get the splash screen on the monitor and on the taskbar I see the DCS world tab and it is going green from left to right and it says loading...., this would last about 20 to 30 seconds then DCS would kick in and I could play. I just downloaded the latest update and now the tab on the taskbar is going green from left to right saying loading... but it stays like this and DCS never starts. One thing I have noticed is that when I alt tab to the Oculus home / library, DSC world has a spinning circle and it is saying "now playing". I have never noticed this before.

I start DCS world through the start menu with the DCS world open beta icon under Eagle Dynamics (pinned to the start menu). I am leaning toward a Oculus update for why this is happening, when I click on edit on the DCS icon in Oculus it says launch options. "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin/DCS.exe", I have never entered this into the launch options as I have never started DCS from the Oculus home. 15 minutes now and the DCS tab on the task bar is still saying loading.

Thanks for reading

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4

• ED Team

Hi,

please attach your dcs.log found in your saved games dcs log folder it should have some clues.

make sure windows and all drivers are up to date and run a slow repair or verify if steam

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

one thing to check is the DCS window has the focus

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Mine took a while post the update, but did get there eventually.  Partially a side effect of having cleaned out the FXO and Metashaders folders.  

Give it a while and see what happens.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks for the replies, I seem to have fixed it, I had a look through the logs to see if I could see anything before I posted them and at the bottom it was showing input as my G29 wheel and pedals as I was playing ACC until the clouds were fixed. I unplugged my wheel and pedals started DCS and it loaded straight away. 

Edit

Plugged my G29 back in and DCS doesn't load again.  Its strange because in the past after I update DCS I am positive the game started regardless of which controller I had plugged in, but I can now play DCS again, thanks again.

EDIT 2

DCS loads a lot quicker now too after the latest update

Edited by Bearskin

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4