VR-latest patch- No jittering anymore

Thank you ED team for the very latest update. Now I can fly in VR and all runs smooth and the clouds looks like in RL. A big deal! Thank you very much! 

Yes- For now I`m very very happy.

Cheers

Tom

• Like 5

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Confirmed no more jittering, thank you ED, very efficient. Now just wish sharper and better contrast. 😀 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

What settings do you guys run? If I run anything less than ultra I get flickering artifacts as I move my head - SSAA is off.

In the second image you can see little jaggies on the edge of the cloud - those move, shrink and grow as I move my head making distant cloud flicker like crazy.

The more you lower the settings from ultra the bigger and closer those get. It doesn't look like much in the screenshot but I find it very irritating in VR and am not sure I prefer that over the jitter.

Ultra looks fine, but hurts performance.

Any ideas which settings (steam?) I could try do get this under control?

Screen_210602_162104.png

Screen_210602_162103.png

Edited by Blackeye

Not even close to good for me. Less jitter but A LOT more visual anomalies.  Still entirely unusable for me. Please don't claim anything is "fixed". I am even more concerned now that they have no clue how to actually fix the issue.  This feels more like a sloppily applied band-aid. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, azzhat said:

Not even close to good for me. Less jitter but A LOT more visual anomalies.  Still entirely unusable for me. Please don't claim anything is "fixed". I am even more concerned now that they have no clue how to actually fix the issue.  This feels more like a sloppily applied band-aid. 

Have you tried setting cloud quality to ultra? This makes it look okay for me but anything lower than that and those anomalies flickering around distant clouds become very distracting. Of course on ultra I have performance problems...

Definitely not solved for me.

Edited by Blackeye

2 hours ago, azzhat said:

2 hours ago, Blackeye said:

If I run anything less than ultra I get flickering artifacts as I move my head - SSAA is off.

Try changing Cloud settings to Ultra and using MSAA x4 OR SSAA x2 (do NOT use SSAA x1.5 it's bugged currently) if issue still persists let us know in a new post.

23 minutes ago, RosyPlays said:

Try changing Cloud settings to Ultra and using MSAA x4 OR SSAA x2 (do NOT use SSAA x1.5 it's bugged currently) if issue still persists let us know in a new post.

As stated SSAA is off and it looks okay in ultra but that comes at a performance hit even with MSAA and SSAA off - I think if I turned any of those up to 2x or 4x I'd end up with a slide show - perhaps if I lower Steam VR's oversampling it could work, however until now Steam's oversampling gave visually better results at higher frame rate, but I'll look into it.

In any case I think it shouldn't require ultra settings and/or MSAAx4 or SSAAx2 to not show those artifacts.

Edited by Blackeye

No more jittering here (Valve Index user). Just some fps problems in first 2 hours (i lost fps to half of what was used to be...) but after trial and error changing Nvida options, WIndows, Drivers clean up etc everything is back to normal (maybe just some hic ups from time to time but i also use heavy missions).

Finally i can enjoy DCS in VR and clouds to it´s fullest. Thank you ED. Keep up in improving.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 hour ago, Aerolord said:

A massive thanks for fixing the jittering ED, I had a blast today ambushing two F5’s while hiding in my MIG21 in the clouds, totally new tactics!

AI do care about cloud masking now? I thought it wasn't implemented yet. Was it?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

14 hours ago, cro_mig_21 said:

2D here...I had jitters since the clouds released and now after the patch nothing changed. No matter what settings

I play both 2D and VR, and believe me, you don't comprehend the term "jittering" with the VR users.  But yes, the clouds still have a lot to improve/enhance, but the jittering issue for VR has reduced significantly. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Indeed, I prefer to play the older jets and usually everyone 'hugs' the deck to be masked by the terrain which is understandable but imho not very realistic... But yesterday was the first time I actually used the MIG21's radar usefully! and play hide and seek in the clouds 😀

1 hour ago, cellinsky said:

Jitter is gone but now there is shimmering in the distance, wich I find way more distracting. Ultra is no option for me. Any workarounds on this?

Haven't found any. So far I've tried  MSAA x2 and x4 as well as SSAAx2 with lowered Steam supersampling to no avail.

Some cloud presets are worse than others depending on your altitude and that of the layer.