Radio calls - 4me the next most important step

TOMCATZ

Hello ED team,

the radio calls are kind of "classic" or "evergreen" and sometimes funny like "two, rolling". (How to hell can he roll when he is still on the runway?!?!) 

But in fact the radio calls have nothing to do with the reality. I have the deep desire to have radio calls close to real because all would be MUCH FASTER and the informations are important for saefty and combat. 

On Ground/Tower as examble:

"Dodge21 , Tower, cleared to taxi runway 09 via Charly, Bravo, Alpha. QNH 2987, Wind 030, 15!"  (read back ... )

"21 , Tower, cleared for take off 09" 

"Tower, 21 , leaving CTR, pushing tactical..." 

Request wind, request active runway QNH, QFE, holding points  and so on and so on ...

AWACS as examble:

"21, Darkstar, two groups, range 20. Lead group London 340, 20 , 30 thousand, hostile"

"21, Darkstar , engage bandit London 340, 15, 25 thousand!"  or "21, Darkstar, commit 340!" 

Wingman as examble:

"22 , 21 , engage!"

"22!" 

"22, 21, go line right"

"22!" 

"22, 21 , battle ceck"

"22 , four , sero, two, plus,  6 thousand" 

I know, there are differend standards and procedures but NATO standard would be fine. 

Okay- it`s just a wish by me. I know, your team has many playgrounds and other important projects.  

Cheers

Tom

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 2

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

3 minutes ago, TOMCATZ said:

the radio calls are kind of "classic" or "evergreen" and sometimes funny like "two, rolling". (How to hell can he roll when he is still on the runway?!?!) 

Well, this one actually refers to the wheels to start "rolling" down the runway (for take-off), not referring to pitch/roll/yaw

But anyways.. nobody will disagree with your wish

In fact ED already mentioned they will improve (or completely overhaul) all ATC.

Probably to Supercarrier standards

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

In fact ED already mentioned they will improve (or completely overhaul) all ATC.

Probably to Supercarrier standards

Well even supercarrier ATC is still missing stuff, not to mention AI aircraft which don't interact with ATC at all.

Personally, if we get something that does everything the ATC in that other, F-16 sim does, and works just as well, then that would be perfect.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Well even supercarrier ATC is still missing stuff, not to mention AI aircraft which don't interact with ATC at all.

I know, but I meant the Supercarrier ATC we do have, seems quite accurate.

Also, I'm confident that (eventually 😋) ED will come with better ATC than that other sim.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

I know, but I meant the Supercarrier ATC we do have, seems quite accurate.

Oh yeah, the callouts seem accurate, just missing things like AI interaction, separate frequencies for marshal, tower and LSO, as well as maybe more voices.

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Also, I'm confident that (eventually 😋) ED will come with better ATC than that other sim.

Hmm, I'm going to manage my expectations, but I would've thought that it at least needs to have the same functionality (or at least most of it), as well as working with multiple aircraft.

• Accurate callouts (AFAIK).
  • Coordinates with AI aircraft.
  • Separate ground, tower and approach/departure, on separate frequencies.
  • Schedules properly with aircraft (i.e schedules aircraft to takeoff at their allocated times), related is telling aircraft to continue to hold short, position and hold as well as cleared to takeoff.
  • Ground provides a route to taxi as well as instructions to hold short.
  • Support for multiple approaches, as well as emergencies.
  • Provides vectors where applicable as well as other advisories.
  • ATIS/VOLMET support.
  • And can do all of the above even with lots of aircraft.

Unlike current DCS ATC, which does none of the above.

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.