The Price

Rikus

Is 500,000 copies possible?

$20 per add-on, huh. You a zombie on crack? :D The Sims expansion pack cost more than that.

Interesting question. Generally publishers wont greenlight production unless they feel they can sell at least 300,000 copies. Thats kind of their bare minimum too. That is one reason why it is hard to get more flight sims produced. The publishers dont want to touch them.

I had read somewhere that ED is publishing DCS themselves, which is awesome, and I really respect that. Publishers destroy the industry. ED's decision to do that keeps alot more money in their pockets as well. I am assuming that they are still publishing themselves, but I am not sure, because I read something about 1C publishing, but it might be only in Russia?

as far as the 20.00 dollar expansions

Yes I low balled the prices there, but it was just to offset those that think that DCS should cost 300.00 bucks.

Just so ya know I just bought flight sim X deluxe gold edition for 49.99. soo......

and yes, it just so happens I am a Zombie on crack

I dont know everything, and I dont pretend to. However I should have known better than to post in a forum! :smilewink:

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Can't believe my eyes, guys (ED) worked their ass off for 3 years+ on this project and here you are putting price tags according to the depth of your pocket... Forum turned in to the "chicken farm" right after Russian version release announcement. Shame on us.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

High quality product such as this should be worth at least $50 I think.

@Deadsmell... you sure yuo can find 500.000 people that would buy high fidelity chopper sim like this? I don't think so... reason there are tons of FPS games in stores and maybe 1-2 (decent/good) flight sim speaks for itself... people like games... very few apreciate a propper sim... this is why your astimate on 500.000 sales is way overestimated if you ask me.

No longer active in DCS...

BY the way you have to see it more like this.... if you likes games over sims and regurarly buy different titles to play them then paying $50-80 every time is quite a lot of money also considering if you buy so many games you don't get much playing time per title per money paid. If you like quality product and preffer more in depth sim such as BlackShark then paying even $100 for it is not much because if you dont buy lot of games all of your playing time is specnt on this 1-2 high qulity titles.

I'd always spend $100 on somthing I use on daily basis over long period of time and pay higher price for its quality that I enjoy every day, rather then paying 10x $20 (lot cheaper per game) that will hold my attention for 1-2 weeks... I bought MSFS every time thinking it'll be noce to fly it and every time I regreted it. I did not get FSX because I don't want to repeat my mistake again... that title costs quite a bit and every addon costs more... IL-2 on theother hand I did like and I played it for good 3-4 years. It still is high quality title with all the addons so money spent on IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters etc was well spent. LockOn and Flaming Cliffs also... DSC will be even better...

No longer active in DCS...

True, 80 Euros (aka 100$) isn't so much money if you consider all but i think in this price they should also include the hard copy manual. Also there is much to be seen regarding the amount of people that will play the game online especially in HL and in ED server (if there will be such).

All in all, i think such prise is reasonable IF (and i belive it will) DCS series prooves to be all that it is claiming to be.

Can't believe my eyes, guys (ED) worked their ass off for 3 years+ on this project and here you are putting price tags according to the depth of your pocket... Forum turned in to the "chicken farm" right after Russian version release announcement. Shame on us.

Actually, the market doesn't really care that much that they had priority projects and other stuff slowing them down. If anything, it tends to punish you for that. Us hard core fans might be willing to put up with that, but the general market is not. I'm sure (I hope actually) that they are aware of this.

Software price management is tricky stuff and you need lots of knowledge and experience to do it properly, or u're bust. Going too low is generally as dangerous as going too high.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

so 2500+2574+65000+1000= 71074 USD : 218h = 326 USD per h of Fun!!!

:megalol::cry::doh:

1 h of Fun with Piper Arrow wet, Landing Fees and stuff = 363 USD per h of Fun!!!

:pilotfly:

Looove that piece of math and it made me go "hmmm" considering my little hobby of a Canon 30D with lenses and trips to airfields and planeshows. Not as expensive as your hobby, but expensive enough to put it in perspective of a price tag of € [insert random two digtis here] :pilotfly:

Well i intend to buy it twice, first I'm gonna get the Russian version next Friday, then I'll get the International version when it is available. To be honest i don't care what it costs (within reason) I've just spend over €250 on pedals and a TIR4, the fact that Lockon or BS is the cheapest part of the equation doesn't seem to make sense. Kiss4Luna's idea of a special edition is something i hope ED investigate.

Nate

Nate

Yes, everybody just calm down and do a deep breathe.

The price should be depending on the economic level of a particular area and particular user groups. For example, an IT-Pro can have $1000 income every month and he can afford $600 or more on anything else without worries on house rent fees, foods, clothes, traffics, etc. But if he is a student, he may need 2 months to gather $100 and he has use most of it to pay rent fees, foods, buying study materials, etc.

So I have an idea that if you really want to support more to ED, you just buy more copies of DCS. Like me, I have bought 6 copies of LOMAC from 2003 to present and 1 copy of LOFC. hey hey hey

I think ED will make the right decision of what price level should DCS:BS be and you just relax and wait for it and buy more if you'd like.

BTW, if the price is really $100, I have to spend 4 months to get the free money. $_$

RTX 3070

100 USD?!? Insane...
Well, its only about 60 Euros right? Dollar lost 40% of its value against Euro, since Euro was introduced. Few months ago, it was first time ever, that British average salary was higher then in the USA. So, $100 might be a lot of money in the states, but it would be affordable in Europe. How much do you pay for a pair of jeans?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well, its only about 60 Euros right? Dollar lost 40% of its value against Euro, since Euro was introduced. Few months ago, it was first time ever, that British average salary was higher then in the USA. So, $100 might be a lot of money in the states, but it would be affordable in Europe. How much do you pay for a pair of jeans?

usually what i paid for a clothes just equals $10 or less in my country:P

• Like 1

RTX 3070

I can take my pair of jeans (worth 20 USD) out of my flat. Sadly, not possible with FC, unles ED developes a version for mobile phones. Preferably for my old Nokia. Jeans do not need additonal investment. I use my old army belt. Sometimes I use two of other belts, 5 USD each, one per 2 year timespan.

Sadly, I will not be paid by anyone to fly it. It is a hobby. And at the and of month electric company will not give me a discount because I've logged 500 hours in Su-25T this month. Also sadly.

There are people taht are willing to invest big money in hardware and flying sticks. Sorry, I'm building my own throttle out of old stick, and will be building my own rudder. A buddy of mine just paid 200 USD for Saitek rudder. He can afford it, I can't.

Just because I can speak some English, have a big nose, can whistle Colonel Bogey March and tell the difference between Churchill and Nelson, does not imply that I'm Prince Charles. I live in a falt that is a size of His majesti's toilet.

The reason why I want to buy Russian version of DCS is because it will be cheaper.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

in my country averege monthly salary is 500 euros (and less), so very little "kids" can give 50e for game...but my country isn't good example...

i think anyone from this forum would give 50-60e for the game, i would, but we are not those people from whom ED make money... they need wide sort of bayers...for the rst buyers maybe max 40e will be ok.

price of 40-50e would be acceptably for any country...

Edited by concrete

The reason why I want to buy Russian version of DCS is because it will be cheaper.
Well said. I got your point.

Regards,

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

in fact all my clothes, my only pair of shoes, my cellphone, are at least 3 years old.

everybody wants to do his best to make his life better, but the results depend on many aspects and to some of those things one person just can't change anything.

RTX 3070