HSI/SA page ownplane misaligned

Saruman

Between HSI/SA page, the ownplane symbol is misaligned (again, it was fixed a couple of updates ago, now bug is back). So, in SA you see in front of you aircrafts being behind you.

Edited by Saruman
  • Like 2

• Saruman changed the title to HSI/SA page ownplane misaligned
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

There have been two separate issues reported, regarding the positioning of SA page elements:

1. Ownship symbol location (disparity between HSI and SA, reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273003-hsisa-page-ownplane-misaligned/?tab=comments#comment-4680387). This issue has been present for a long time.
  2. All other element symbols (reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/277903-the-target-icon-on-the-sa-page-is-misplaced/?tab=comments#comment-4731660). This issue appeared with the latest OB patch.

In my testing on previous versions of the game, the SA page worked correctly if line 34 in the SA.lua file in \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\Pages\MPD\SA\ was corrected from

addStrokeSymbol("aircraft_Track_UP", {"stroke_symbols_MDI_AMPCD", "136-aircraft"}, "FromSet", {0, -25}, nil, {{"MPD_SA_ModeShow", MODES.TRACK_UP_MODE}, {"MPD_SA_EXP_PlanePos", LittleCompassInternalRadius}})

to

addStrokeSymbol("aircraft_Track_UP", {"stroke_symbols_MDI_AMPCD", "136-aircraft"}, "FromSet", {0, 0}, nil, {{"MPD_SA_ModeShow", MODES.TRACK_UP_MODE}, {"MPD_SA_EXP_PlanePos", LittleCompassInternalRadius}})

It is only a number change for the ownship location, the -25 needs to be corrected to 0. This makes the ownship symbol be in the same position between HSI and SA (corrects Issue 1) and subsequently corrects the wrong positions of all other SA page elements relative to ownship.

It seems that in the last patch, the wrong relative position of all other SA elements was "corrected" by artificially displacing them lower, to match the wrongly displaced ownship symbol. But it lead to the problem that they now do no longer correspond to their real locations, as is shown in the bug report for Issue 2.

So, whereas before, there was only Issue 1, which was very easy to fix, we now have both Issue 1 and Issue 2. I would like to kindly propose that the position adjustment for SA page elements be reversed in the code and the simple fix for Issue 1 be applied (change a number from -25 to 0). This would be the easiest and cleanest way to solve both issues at once.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 6 months later...

The problem isn't the course line, the aircraft symbol is displaced between the HSI and SA pages. It's lower on the SA page compared to the HSI.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

HI Dear Moderators,

I've noticed you merged my Friday's post: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273003-hsisa-page-ownplane-misaligned/ with https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273003-hsisa-page-ownplane-misaligned/ and LOCKED everything without giving any further feedback to the users.

I apologize for not being able to found the old post but I think something is wrong:

1) The old thread have a green button that says: "go to the solution". When you press it you are presented with: "this is already reported but not fixed yet " dated June 2, 2021. This is not a solution.

2) I you scroll down the line you have a message from BN saying: "the fix is coming, but thank you" dates August 2, 2021

3) I know this is a small bug but it's at least 7 months old and we don't have any comment, insight, information etc, except the previously stated.

Maybe I am missing something in the forums since I don't use them a lot.

Thank you for your help.

IIRC, it was fixed some months ago and then reverted back to the current state in the next patch, probably because of different code versions merging. I don't know why, it's literally a number change in a LUA file that controls the position of the ownship symbol.

Since then, MIDS symbols (PPLI and trackfiles) in the SA page have been given a downwards offset to account for the wrong position of the ownship symbol, whereas they were previously placed correctly for the correct position of ownship.

Finally, there's a bug with the TDC where info is only displayed when you hover over the top half part of the MIDS symbols and over the empty space above it.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team
16 hours ago, Demiurgo said:

HI Dear Moderators,

I've noticed you merged my Friday's post: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273003-hsisa-page-ownplane-misaligned/ with https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273003-hsisa-page-ownplane-misaligned/ and LOCKED everything without giving any further feedback to the users.

I apologize for not being able to found the old post but I think something is wrong:

1) The old thread have a green button that says: "go to the solution". When you press it you are presented with: "this is already reported but not fixed yet " dated June 2, 2021. This is not a solution.

2) I you scroll down the line you have a message from BN saying: "the fix is coming, but thank you" dates August 2, 2021

3) I know this is a small bug but it's at least 7 months old and we don't have any comment, insight, information etc, except the previously stated.

Maybe I am missing something in the forums since I don't use them a lot.

Thank you for your help.

We lock reported posts as all the information we need is in the internal report. When a fix is made it will be in the change logs. 

If we leave threads open we get constant +1's and where is my fix posts which make it harder to track new issues as they come in. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...

Hi all!

I don't know if this has been posted before or it is somehow connected to any already reported issue. Sorry for any duplication...

When selecting a waypoint, the switching from HSI to SA and back shows a different graphical position of the aircraft in the compass rose of HSI/SA relative to the waypoint. This happens even if the distance/bearing to the waypoint on the upper right corner remains the same and the waypoint symbol (triangle with inscripted circle) on the compass edge does not move.

To better appreciate the issue:
- switch from HSI to SA and back by using the SCS towards the DDI where the HSI/SA is displayed
- have the waypoint relatively closed to the aircraft

I have included a track.

SA HSI BUG.trk

It is for sure related to the different position of the aircraft symbol within the compass rose in the HSI (where TAS and GS are also indicated) and SA but is this intended? 🤔

When setting a radial to/from a waypoint, the switching from HSI to SA creates a significant difference (assuming the radial indication/offset on the HSI is the correct one).

Edited by Tusky