2D Cloud Jitter/Jump

Hi,

I don't know if this has been pointed out but since today's patch I've noticed when playing DCS in 2D with track IR, clouds will still jump up and down slightly when looking around. I believe that this has been fixed for VR users but the issue is still present in 2D. Does anyone else expierence this issue?

I think the issue goes away when you use MSAA with SSAA but obviously at a cost of some FPS. Currently I am using MSAA X 2 with enhanced AA in NCP. If anyone knows a fix that would be great.

Thanks.

(Rtx 3080, 5600x, 32GB Ram, SSD, Track IR 5)

Clouds still jittering in 2D.....  very disappointed.

MSAA 4x and no SSAA as it is a FPS killer...

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I use 2D as well as TrackIR 5.  The sky seems to be clipping on the horizon.... Whatever my view is, if I'm looking at the horizon, I get sky, so through my plane, buildings etc.  Did a repair, updated the 2060 drivers, deleted fxo etc.. nothing seems to be working.

Screen_210602_131010.png

Screen_210602_131017.png

Some more of the same...

Screen_210602_132013.png

Screen_210602_132158.png

And another one so you can see...

Screen_210602_132213.png

Edited by Utildai
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

@FZG_ImmelPlease stop cross-posting.

what do you mean cross posting ? answering in the threads discussing the same topic ? how is that cross posting ?

• Like 1

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Just got home to try out the new patch.  Run 2-D with 2x MSAA, on triple 1440p, clouds on Ultra.  Clouds look great now.  Prior to today's patch, had pixelation on any model (cockpit frame, plane model, trees, buildings) any time clouds were behind the model---but as of now, it looks good with no pixelation.  

I've yet to see "jumping" clouds in 2d---just the pixelation--which is now fixed.

Nice work, ED.  

Edited by manashttu
type

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

I think if you get airborne and get above a cloud layer and look to the horizon it is definitely there. As you move your head about or aircraft whilst looking at a layer at the horizon the clouds will "wobble" and jump up/down slightly. Near clouds don't do this but clouds in the distance will.

I'm using Track IR also so I wonder whether that makes any difference? Can someone from ED acknowledge the issue?

Yes that's an example of what I'm talking about. Some times it can be more noticeable than that.

Initially I thought it's to do with the way the light is reflecting around the canopy but this does not do it when SSAA is used.

I would assume it's a trackIR issue rather than 2D issue, similar to the VR head movement. Some people reported that when they use VR headset, the objects will bounce along with their heart beat. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

4 hours ago, Jenson said:

I would assume it's a trackIR issue rather than 2D issue, similar to the VR head movement. Some people reported that when they use VR headset, the objects will bounce along with their heart beat. 

Possibly... but it is also reported here: 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cro_mig_21 said:

Nothing to do with any head tracking kit/software. Even when disabled it's noticeable in front while banking

Yep, I’ll second that mate...

• Like 1

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

This is an extremely irritating issue, for me anyway. I use TrackIR (regardless if it is related) and what I find is that it doesn't seem to happen as much if I move my head laterally or vertically - it's only whenever I cock my head to one side or the other that it becomes really noticeable. Probably why it's happening to people without TrackIR while they're banking the aircraft.

I really hope as much priority is given to this as to the VR problem, because it is seriously immersion-breaking to see the clouds jump about all the time.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

21 hours ago, cro_mig_21 said:

Nothing to do with any head tracking kit/software. Even when disabled it's noticeable in front while banking

Just checked those videos and it's not the same jittering in VR, it's far less noticeable than the VR jittering but it is something need to be improved. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Is ED aware of the wobbly clouds still happening in 2D? It’s such a shame! I hope they can fix it.

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

STILL JITTERING.. ? are you serious ED ?

now i am worried because I think the issue is very serious and you have no way to fix it

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope ED can confirm they are aware of the 2D issue with the wobbly clouds and are on with it...

• 2 weeks later...

still no comm or fix about this issue ??? Cloud have been out for more than two months. Can we have infos ?

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...