All switches below covers not clickable

razo+r

Reproduced and reported

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Same problem here.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

They had to release the Hind, so the bug has passed in stable and now we have to deal with it for a few months.

Some time ago it happened the same with the l-39 instruments with no textures, aircraft unplayable. Passed in stable and we had to rely on a community fix.

There's no hot fix for such things, when the stable is out, it remains there until the next stable upgrade.

What is the mean of a stable release, if bugs like these pass through?

We are forced to use the open beta, at least bugs gets solved more quickly.

I know the open beta is there only to intercept CTDs and general blocking bugs and noone cares about single modules bugs, but...

Don't you think something has to change in this regard?

In the meanwhile, I go to uninstall my stable version, this being the case it is there only to occupy SSD space.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

The irony. Even though this bug was identified right away, it not only survived several beta patches, but made it to the stable release. "Fixed internally" implies the next beta patch will fix the bug. People  on the stable release trying to avoid annoying bugs stuck may be stuck with this one for awhile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The stable release Is totally unuseful: when they are ready for something new, they pass the OB to stable. Now Marianas have to pass on stable since they are ready for the next new thing (the mosquito maybe?). They look at whole simulator blocking bugs, but noone cares about single modules bugs, this Is even stated in the explanation of what OB Is All about. I have uninstalled the stable branch and fly only OB. If there's a whole blocking bug I move to fly in msfs and wait for the next OB update. I can't use hundreds of GBs of my SSD to keep two versions both filled with bugs, the only difference being the so called stable have bugs that do not get fixed for a longer period of time.

Edited by nessuno0505

The "stable"/release is useful when you want to avoid the worst bugs that make it to OB. The best recent example that comes to my mind is the second mission loading crash. Thanks to OB users who detected it, "stable" users didn't experience this crash at all.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Exactly. But then "smaller" but very annoying bugs related to single modules pass on stable and stay there for a lot of time once passed, and neither you can hope for a hotfix. L-39 instruments texture missing, and f-86 not clickable buttons are just two examples. Maybe you can play f-86 (very difficult if you fly VR and do not use a keyboard); with the l-39 missing textures we had to rely on a community fix, otherwise unplayable module. Changing a text file was all the work needed, but It passed on stable anyway, and luckily a common user found a fix, otherwise you could not fly the l-39. This Is not acceptable, they HAVE to do something also for "smaller" but very annoying module related bugs. Otherwise IMHO it's better to risk a major bug fixed after a week in OB, rather than hundreds of "smaller" bugs staying for months on stable.

4 hours ago, Flappie said:

Next time you see new reproducible issues, please call me using "@Flappie". The faster we, testers, can reproduce issues, the faster we can bring them to ED devs, the faster they get fixed.

Does this imply that ED simply didn't notice this bug report before releasing to stable? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

1 hour ago, Machalot said:

Does this imply that ED simply didn't notice this bug report before releasing to stable? 

No, it doesn't. @hornblower793 said on June 7 he reported it, probably after seeing your post from June 2 (as you may already know, "reported" means "ED knows").

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.