Wind conditions Kneeboard are CDU corrected?

In Mission 6 I'll need my two CBU-97's to destry at least some of assigned armour which is moving to the Marines. Targets are moving, active air defenses prevents flying low, winds are quite strong and different heights have differents directions, so I want to input wind information into the LASTE Wind Correction (further below the website which explains where I am talking about).

Based on the wind assignments in the DCS briefing and wind corrections as explained by Boris, I calculated for this mission the following wind settings (22o ground temperature and 2o divertion between Map North and Magnetic North):

ALT WIND TEMP
00 250/8 22
01 250/16 20
02 250/16 18
07 99/14 9
26 319/23 -30

Our Kneeboard contains also a Weather report, but compared with the DCS briefing the numbers seems to be different so I'm a bit lost which info I should use to make a good correction.

Weather report out of Kneeboard mission 6:

afbeelding.png

And here you can find how to deal with Wind Corrections, explaind by Boris:

Brrrrrrt

Animal

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

2 hours ago, Animal66 said:

In Mission 6 I'll need my two CBU-97's to destry at least some of assigned armour which is moving to the Marines. Targets are moving, active air defenses prevents flying low, winds are quite strong and different heights have differents directions, so I want to input wind information into the LASTE Wind Correction (further below the website which explains where I am talking about).

Based on the wind assignments in the DCS briefing and wind corrections as explained by Boris, I calculated for this mission the following wind settings (22o ground temperature and 2o divertion between Map North and Magnetic North):

ALT WIND TEMP
00 250/8 22
01 250/16 20
02 250/16 18
07 99/14 9
26 319/23 -30

Our Kneeboard contains also a Weather report, but compared with the DCS briefing the numbers seems to be different so I'm a bit lost which info I should use to make a good correction.

Weather report out of Kneeboard mission 6:

afbeelding.png

And here you can find how to deal with Wind Corrections, explaind by Boris:

Brrrrrrt

Animal

Good question!  My knowledge on this isn't great but I think it's a known annoyance with DCS that the wind in the editor is displayed in the wrong format so is 180 degrees out.  I have already converted these for the kneeboards so the values given on the KB are the correct ones for the CDU.  Your values in the table look correct...however the kneeboard you have shown is not for mission 6 but mission 7 so this might be where the confusion is!    

17 hours ago, ChillNG said:

...however the kneeboard you have shown is not for mission 6 but mission 7 so this might be where the confusion is!    

Sorry, my fault but most important is that we can take over the kneeboard's wind values in the LASTE Wind correction and that is really nice!

Thanks!

• Like 1

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife