invulnerable troops

daemon1808

Now that 2 helicopters are on the scope of ED next releases, there is some problem in DCS that should be faced regarding anti-troop missions.

There is nothing more annoying than flying to your objective for 45 minutes and find a bunch of guys trenched in a tree line, that makes them completely invulnerable to anything you fire agains them (miniguns, 30mm cannon, rockets, sticks and stones, etc)

Is there any possibility to make bullets ignore trees?

I know that is not realistic. Trees give some cover for sure but, in my oppinion is less realistic firing your miniguns 1 full minute to the trenched troops without achieving a single hit on them because inmortal trees. What is worse, this is completely game breaker.

If I had to choose, I prefer bullets ignoring trees than invulnerable troops.

6 hours ago, daemon1808 said:

Now that 2 helicopters are on the scope of ED next releases, there is some problem in DCS that should be faced regarding anti-troop missions.

There is nothing more annoying than flying to your objective for 45 minutes and find a bunch of guys trenched in a tree line, that makes them completely invulnerable to anything you fire agains them (miniguns, 30mm cannon, rockets, sticks and stones, etc)

Is there any possibility to make bullets ignore trees?

I know that is not realistic. Trees give some cover for sure but, in my opinion is less realistic firing your miniguns 1 full minute to the trenched troops without achieving a single hit on them because immoral trees. What is worse, this is completely game breaker.

If I had to choose, I prefer bullets ignoring trees than invulnerable troops.

how about modeling the trees better? They need to provide a realistic amount of cover. 

• Like 3

On 6/3/2021 at 5:07 AM, upyr1 said:

how about modeling the trees better? They need to provide a realistic amount of cover. 

I completely agree, of course.

But if it is difficult to be develope or will have a great performance impact, I can live with bullets that ignore trees. ^_^