Z-axis not working

moggel

Starting today I cannot lean in with the VR headset. When I started the mission there was a top-right message about "Trackir disconnected" (or something like that). I don't know if that was related but when I lean in the POV stays the same and the whole world seems to move forward by the same amount. Basically, there is no Z axis anymore.

Anyone else seen this?

Edited by moggel

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Sounds like you have a tracking issue.

If WMR try resetting the environment.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That's happened a few times with my G2. When it happens, SteamVR and game look fine (except for the head position not translating right and being locked like you describe), but if I quit out of both, then WMR is asking me to calibrate (look side-to-side then down at the floor). It's like WMR is blocking some output due to waiting for calibration, but SteamVR (and by extension DCS) aren't aware of it. Solution: I quit out of DCS and SteamVR, then WMR portal will be showing the calibration screen... do that, then start SteamVR and DCS back up.

5 hours ago, dburne said:

Sounds like you have a tracking issue.

If WMR try resetting the environment.

How do I reset the environment in WMR? I hope that can be done without hand controls (I just bought the headset)?

Edited by moggel

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

8 minutes ago, moggel said:

How do I reset the environment in WMR? I hope that can be done without hand controls (I just bought the headset)?

Try resetting your position in the Mixed Reality Portal using the "Set up room boundary" option (see below). This can be done while DCS is running.

Clicking this option will take you to another screen with two options. I usually go for the "Set me up for seated and standing" option and DCS immediately starts movement again in the Z-Axis.

image.png

T

• Thanks 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

15 minutes ago, Dunx said:

Try resetting your position in the Mixed Reality Portal using the "Set up room boundary" option (see below). This can be done while DCS is running.

Clicking this option will take you to another screen with two options. I usually go for the "Set me up for seated and standing" option and DCS immediately starts movement again in the Z-Axis.

image.png

T

Thanks! I will try that ASAP.