Pilot and gunner fan removalr

KiwiOz

The fan has assumed near religious status. Removal, or even the option to do so would be sacrilegious. Burn the heretic!

In fact, I think it should be taken one step up - when you lean forward with Track IR or VR, there should be the loud BRRRRRRT! as it collides with your helmet/headset. Back when I flew Twin Otters, this was an ever present threat (making contact with the little rubber fan blades, the fan in the Twotter was mounted just over your head. It came as quite a surprise sometimes!)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I dont see why people are against the option to remove the fan. You still have the fan,and he gets to choose by not having the fan in the cockpit instead of wasting time modding it out.

But ofcourse there will be narsicists that think only about what they want

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Although I have never had an issue with the fan in Hip/Hind - I don't see anything wrong with the option to remove.

7111ee249afa522cad580a9ccf90d3ed--close-

• Like 4

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 I agree the fans do crowd an already limited space and though much effort was put into modeling them many examples of the HIND have them removed, so it would be nice if they were optional.

• Like 1

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 4 months later...