Mission 14 CAS over Pshada - self destruct!

For this mission I get fenced in and then lined up for my bombing run on the red smoke.  The problem is, my bombs detonate as soon as I release them, destroying the aircraft.  Fusing set to Nose, this happened 3 times in a row.  Release is between 2000 and 2500'.

Has this happened to others?  Any idea what I might be missing?

Just tested it. Straight and level flight is okay, as soon as you add some nose down you get blasted, the bombs hit you, it looks like the fins are deploying too early. This may be a DCS bug, I'll run some more tests and submit a bug report to them if needed. 

Thanks for bringing it up. I believe you can change the load-out from the mission planner, but for that mission it will be crappy to go with other bombs. Sorry about that. 

Just ran couple more tests and I can reproduce it quite easy, but it happens only when you have push on the stick to add nose down. I'm sure that they will say that it's a feature not a bug. With Snakeyes you should do that, you should be established in a shallow dive or straight and level. It's a common mistake to run into your own bombs in DCS. I don't know if in RL they would arm that quick, still it would cause quite some damage to run into a 500 pounder chunk of iron mid air. 

I have had this issue repeatedly ; admittedly the problem was due to the fact that I trimmed the aircraft for a certain cruise speed, but once you dive the speed increases and I forget to re-trim for the higher speed. So indeed I need to have some pitch input on the stick, and easily it can be a little bit nose-down when aiming. Those snakeyes are extremely sensitive though... But I can only blame myself.

A technique I can recommend when diving and rippling snakeyes is to aim carefully before the target, start a small pull on the stick then start the release in ripple, this way I am already putting nose-up inputs when I start the release and I don't have issues. If I aim straight at the target and start to release, there is always a chance I will command a very small nose-down input and impact a bomb.

Edited by Qiou87

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

1 hour ago, Qiou87 said:

I have had this issue repeatedly ; admittedly the problem was due to the fact that I trimmed the aircraft for a certain cruise speed, but once you dive the speed increases and I forget to re-trim for the higher speed. So indeed I need to have some pitch input on the stick, and easily it can be a little bit nose-down when aiming. Those snakeyes are extremely sensitive though... But I can only blame myself.

A technique I can recommend when diving and rippling snakeyes is to aim carefully before the target, start a small pull on the stick then start the release in ripple, this way I am already putting nose-up inputs when I start the release and I don't have issues. If I aim straight at the target and start to release, there is always a chance I will command a very small nose-down input and impact a bomb.

I believe that's how they were designed to be released, they are probably a bit too sensitive in DCS, otherwise no pilot would have flown with all those spicy eggs underneath.