Laser quits working

deathbysybian

I've noticed more than once that the laser works for a random amount of time, then quits working.

If I cycle the laser off and change mode to training/cycle back to laser mode I can get one shot off, then it stops working again.

It's flashing L the whole time.

The reason for your issue is laser "burnout".   In short leave it running too long, it overheats and internal components start melting.

The solution is to only start lasing a target just before (or after) dropping/firing a weapon.  As soon as the target has been hit, turn off the laser.
The flashing "L" denotes that the laser is running and should be used as a reminder to turn off the laser.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

3 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

The reason for your issue is laser "burnout".   In short leave it running too long, it overheats and internal components start melting.

The solution is to only start lasing a target just before (or after) dropping/firing a weapon.  As soon as the target has been hit, turn off the laser.
The flashing "L" denotes that the laser is running and should be used as a reminder to turn off the laser.

How does cycling to training and back to laser fix it if it's melted?

1 hour ago, deathbysybian said:

How does cycling to training and back to laser fix it if it's melted?

?? I don't remember mentioned "training" at all.  I'm sure that I suggested that you turn off the laser, i.e. STOP firing it.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

It appears to be... A few months back, I got one stopped working on me and I doublechecked in Tacview that I was not hit (Nobody ever shoot at me in that sortie) and "random systems failures" was off.  After that, I'm careful with turning it off after weapon impact.

Anyway is a very simple test 😉