Cockpit sounds

AlpineGTA

I'm just curious, when flying the F-14, what's that constant sound I can hear that sounds like the whistling sirens of some distant ghostly ice cream vans? Is it just the sounds of the Tomcat engines? I don't hear anything like it in any other aircraft, it's very unique.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Yes, I think it's the same thing. I did a search of the forum before posting but didn't spot this. At least I know other people are hearing it and it's not just me imagining ghosts in the machine.

• Like 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

On 6/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, AlpineGTA said:

I'm just curious, when flying the F-14, what's that constant sound I can hear that sounds like the whistling sirens of some distant ghostly ice cream vans? Is it just the sounds of the Tomcat engines? I don't hear anything like it in any other aircraft, it's very unique.

Which model? A or B? They sound very different. And also, a short clip might help. I find that audio discussions are very different/difficult because people hear very differently. And while we can all talk for days about our visual impressions and have the vocabulary for that, humans tend to have a really difficult time talking about complicated soundscapes. Took me three guys and hours of explanations to find someone that realised I was talking about the external sounds being overlaid by... what I could only describe as "the distant flyby growling sound at altitude, high subsonic speeds that shouldn't exist when idling on the ground". It's fixed now, so don't go looking for it. Hehe...

People just didn't pick up on that and had no idea what I meant, cos they were focusing on a different part of the complex soundscape. So, again, a short clip would go a long way to understanding you. 🙂

Edited by Slant

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

@Slant in the other thread you have exact sound files mentioned, so you can play it for yourself.

And I happen to remember what it was - that idle sound on the ground 🙂 You gave good enough explanation.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

let me introduce myself my name is Stan, I’m lead audio developer for Echo19, join our discord that you can find below and say hi in general chat, we have some cool things that almost baked and we would like to share with all you, thanks much appreciated 

Stan”Smiley” Echo19

Join here: https://discord.gg/q7ddDUXh

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

11 hours ago, STNGersk said:

Hi Guys,

let me introduce myself my name is Stan, I’m lead audio developer for Echo19, join our discord that you can find below and say hi in general chat, we have some cool things that almost baked and we would like to share with all you, thanks much appreciated 

Stan”Smiley” Echo19

Join here: https://discord.gg/q7ddDUXh

Your discord channel is very confusing. How about adding proper download section? Tired of browsing through endless conversations and just preview youtube videos.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 9:48 AM, AlpineGTA said:

Yes, I think it's the same thing. I did a search of the forum before posting but didn't spot this. At least I know other people are hearing it and it's not just me imagining ghosts in the machine.

Speaking of that....it sounds like some mood music from Ghostbusters. Making this thing unflyable almost. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]