X:COCKPIT PARAM EQUAL TO help

Mistermann

I am trying to set a mission trigger when the pilot parks the jet and sets the parking brake.  Seems simple enough, but I have gotten myself into uncharted waters and need a lifeline.

I recognize I likely need to use the mysterious "X:COCKPIT" commands from the ME.  Since I have no clue what code is associated with the parking brake, I downloaded DCS-BIOS.  I can see whenever I set/re-set the parking brake the following two codes go from 0 to 1.

bios.png

So I therefore THINK I need to setup a one time trigger in DCS that looks like

image.png

image.png  <- EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_ROTATE

image.png  <-- EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_PULL

image.png

For some reason, I cannot get the message to trigger.  I even added a TIME MORE(10) to the conditions to make sure I wasn't triggering the event at mission start.  

I'm sure I am doing something silly.  Who can assist?  

Thanks.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I should have thought of this earlier ... how does ED do it?  I checked out their cold start mission and found their method

image.png

So yup, you were correct, @Sedlo.  The "argument in range" seems to be the ticket.  I never would have gotten the min/max figured out, so I'm glad I checked.

Thanks!

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Also, keep in mind that the argument is dependent on the aircraft being used, for example the parking brake argument of the Hornet is different from the one on the Tomcat.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Right on, thanks.

So I brute forced my way to the answer by deconstructing an existing ED mission.  Where do I find these "arguments"?  I presume they are tucked neatly away in a LUA file somewhere, possibly in the scripts folder under cockpits.

Thanks.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

47 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Where do I find these "arguments"?  

Take a look here:

Not currently at home, so I cant elaborate more at the moment.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks to both of you!!  🍻

@Sedlo - mainpanel_init.lua was the unlock.  I now know where argument 240 comes from.

@Rudel_chw - Thanks.  I was trying to use your technique but couldn't figure out the tooltip as 240 wasn't part of the text.

image.png

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

@Rudel_chw - Thanks.  I was trying to use your technique but couldn't figure out the tooltip as 240 wasn't part of the text.

Yes, sorry it was a mistake on my part: I confused that you wanted to detect when the pilot enables the parking brake, not set the parking brake without action from the player. You can also get the 240 argument from the cockpit file: clickabledata.lua

O2hmKFi.jpg

Here it can be seen that there are two arguments: 240 and 241, one pulls the parking handle, the other pushes it, the different values are for the different positions that the parking handle can have (rotated, not rotated, etc). Again, this is only valid for the Hornet .. arguments and values on other aircrafts would be different.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1