HUD visability

rogonaut

my bad for doubles but whats up with the hud? zoomed in its barely possible to see any ground targets, bad weather makes it even harder. looks like its fogged up or somethin, tried to defog and a mod😉 no glory so far... 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Mean Old Man said:

I also noticed, that the HUD and parts of the canopy (I do not mean the scratches) have artefacts, that look like the cockpit is misted.

InkedScreen_210704_130806_LI.jpg

If what I’m seeing is what is your concern, then the lower part of the HUD and lower part of windscreen would show reflection of the cockpit coaming. The shroud that covers the back of the instrument panel that terminates right at the front edge where it meets the windscreen.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

4 minutes ago, Mean Old Man said:

@G.J.SYou are right. I did not thought about the reflections of those parts. But I wouldn't mind, if ED would tone down those reflections.

Yep, sometimes they can be a little . . . Strong! 
Basically the reflections are no different to if you drive your car on a sunny day, if the sunlight is illuminating the coaming over your dash, you can see it on your windscreen as you look at the road ahead.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.